Moderator: Capt. Black

Thomas234
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Terra Echo

Post by Thomas234 »

http://www.globalsoundtrade.co.nz/effec ... s/boss-en/

The latest pedals are out! Te-2 Multi over tone and adaptive distortion! DAYUUUMMMM!!!!!

what are your thoughts on the new BOSS TE-2? I might get this along with TC HOF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3i12Z_ZWvc
The philosophy of "technically", is technically not a philosophy
because there are still many technicalities, although technically
speaking it can technically still be a philosophy, but it all
depends on how you can technically see technically, technically.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 662 times

Re: Terra Echo

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Having listened to it, I'm giving a resounding 'WHAT THE HELL' it sounds gimmicky and a bit stupid to my ears. But that's IMO and all that. I was all prepared to like it, I've had the Boss DD-3, DD-5, DD-20, RV-2 and RV-3 and really like this Boss reverb and delay sound.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7762 times
Been liked: 4195 times

Post by jeremyb »

Perhaps not linking to the ripoff artist formally known as musicthings and rather to Boss' own product pages might be a better idea!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Thomas234
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Thomas234 »

bbrunskill wrote:Having listened to it, I'm giving a resounding 'WHAT THE HELL' it sounds gimmicky and a bit stupid to my ears. But that's IMO and all that. I was all prepared to like it, I've had the Boss DD-3, DD-5, DD-20, RV-2 and RV-3 and really like this Boss reverb and delay sound.
I believe TE-2 is a pedal for ambience musicians although its not the sort of things you'll be using all the time:) I'd love to have it in my pedal board as esp the milti overtone! It would really suit my kind of playing. Its not the best but unique sounding. but by saying that I'd wait for the prices to go down! haha multi overtine sounds like a POG but 2x cheaper! as for the adaptive distorion, Sounds very generic haha, I kinda like it. They might not sound as good with the setup.

I'd love to have another boss delay :S that link I posted is a rip off. they havent updated the pedals haha. e.g. Dynadrive only cost like 99 bucks haha.
The philosophy of "technically", is technically not a philosophy
because there are still many technicalities, although technically
speaking it can technically still be a philosophy, but it all
depends on how you can technically see technically, technically.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1017 times

Post by bender »

jeremyb wrote:Perhaps not linking to the ripoff artist formally known as musicthings and rather to Boss' own product pages might be a better idea!!
This.

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

benderissimo wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Perhaps not linking to the ripoff artist formally known as musicthings and rather to Boss' own product pages might be a better idea!!
This.
Bought a fairly expensive keyboard from him once. I hadn't read all the material on the net about him or seen the Fair Go episode before buying. Found out after paying. (Doh. Yes I know). Was a fairly nervous time. But got the item in the end. Would never buy from him again though.
ESP Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul / ESP Eclipse > Rivera Quiana 212
We are the Christians that the devil warned you about

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3915 times

Post by Bg »

Its a bit telling that his refund policy is in the top menu, prominently placed ;)

Couldn't stop laughing at this bit
Items must be returned with serial numbers intact to verify the product was sourced from GlobalSoundTradeThangz
How can you leave it intact if he's already scrubbed it off? :moresarc:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

Boss Tera-Echo is freakin awesome. I played it at the NAMM show and it knocked my face off.

It's a really sweet sounding delay, which can either be classic tape-echo style, or as over-the-top as you want. The "freeze" function is fantastic and is a huge selling point for this pedal.

It's a pedal that's so good, even the boutique snobs are gonna be hard pressed to knock it. I think we will sell a LOT of these
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

NZRS_Matt wrote:Boss Tera-Echo is freakin awesome. I played it at the NAMM show and it knocked my face off.

It's a really sweet sounding delay, which can either be classic tape-echo style, or as over-the-top as you want. The "freeze" function is fantastic and is a huge selling point for this pedal.

It's a pedal that's so good, even the boutique snobs are gonna be hard pressed to knock it. I think we will sell a LOT of these
So the Boss demo with all the kind of shimmerey burbling noises can be toned down them?

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by handsoffmatt »

bbrunskill wrote:
NZRS_Matt wrote:Boss Tera-Echo is freakin awesome. I played it at the NAMM show and it knocked my face off.

So the Boss demo with all the kind of shimmerey burbling noises can be toned down them?
Yup, sure can. It can be just a lovely sounding echo
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

is there some sort of trimpots or summat?the controls seem a bit vague/limited...not a fan of bubbly swishy stuff either.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

NZRS_Matt wrote:
Yup, sure can. It can be just a lovely sounding echo
In that case it might be really cool. It seems to have a reverby ness in the feedback which would go well on my acoustic.

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by handsoffmatt »

Kris wrote:is there some sort of trimpots or summat?the controls seem a bit vague/limited...not a fan of bubbly swishy stuff either.
Nope, no trimpots. I thought the controls are pretty standard for a delay pedal.... LEVEL, TONE, FEEDBACK and DELAY TIME. What else are you looking for?
"Volume is tone" - EVH

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Check out this video (ignore the annoying hipster): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0eLDd1k2ZI

There’s tons of bubbly synthy shimmery stuff, it would be cool if that part of the effect was tweakable. as it sounds in that video, I don’t think it work for me, but toned down a bit would be really cool

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

NZRS_Matt wrote:
Kris wrote:is there some sort of trimpots or summat?the controls seem a bit vague/limited...not a fan of bubbly swishy stuff either.
Nope, no trimpots. I thought the controls are pretty standard for a delay pedal.... LEVEL, TONE, FEEDBACK and DELAY TIME. What else are you looking for?
i was looking for the GAY DOLPHIN ORGASM "off" switch :moresarc: i.e the feedback and s-time controls dont seem to effect just the repeat/time.I dont see how you can turn off the background aquatic orgy without some sort of modulation control?