CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

stark
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Heroes

Post by stark »

Who saw it?

I don't think (so far) it's gonna measure up to Lost. That Japanese dude is just irritating. The cheerleader chick is painful - the way she looked kinda a bit annoyed that her fingers got mashed up in the waste disposal :roll: . As for mirror-chick, she's so typecast and it's just too implausible to have any intrigue.

Maybe I'm being premature, but i liked Lost from the start.

In Heroes, the characters just don't seem to have any, um, character.

Wait and see I guess.
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Should be pretty good, but it seems to be a cash-in cross between Lost and X-Men to me. I've a feeling it will pick up.

I don't mind the Japanese kid (teleportation ist cool), but I have no idea what's going on with the mirror chick. How does that work?

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

I liked it. But I'm a former comic-store employee so it's manditory I would. :lol:

From what I've read on the net, it seems to be quite popular for avoiding the spandex cliches, which is good. Like anything, I'll give it a half-dozen episodes to ya or nay it, but so far, it's pretty decent.

It's faster moving in comparison to say, Lost, but so far, lacks the character depth of say, Prison Break, which was my preference as far as good quality series' went last year.

One good thing to note is that the TV channels aren't taking massive gaps between shows like they have done in the past - waiting six months to a year to get the next series is painful - a three to four month wait is much better.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Jenesis wrote:Should be pretty good, but it seems to be a cash-in cross between Lost and X-Men to me. I've a feeling it will pick up.

I don't mind the Japanese kid (teleportation ist cool), but I have no idea what's going on with the mirror chick. How does that work?
SPOILER - she has a split personality, that posseses super strength when it takes over.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

I'm really enjoying Heroes (up to episode 11 so far). The Japanese guy is my favourtie character in the show (there is a twist a bit later that makes him even cooler ;)). It does look more and more like x-men every episode though...
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

The Scarecrow wrote:
Jenesis wrote:Should be pretty good, but it seems to be a cash-in cross between Lost and X-Men to me. I've a feeling it will pick up.

SPOILER - she has a split personality, that posseses super strength when it takes over.
Ah, cheers.

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

yeah the first few episodes didnt really do it for me..

but since there was nothing else to watch, i went thru the 1st 11 episodes and all i can say is.. it gets better.

but i like Lost more.. and 24 even though its all america this america that..

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I watched the last 45 minutes of thwe pilot with some fill-in commentary from my flat mate and was rahter enjoying it. He was a total raving, blabbering fanboy by the end of the pilot. There seems to be an awful lot of intertwining twists of plot going on. We have a conspiracy theory sorted out already. Lost looks interesting if the ads are any guide. Prison Break is sure to be great. I'll have to watch it on TV like the rest of the plebs this time though...
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

I like it. future episodes get better. (I'm like gelato, seen up to 11 so far).

the pilot had lots of characters to keep up with. they narrow it down to a couple an episode in future. makes it somewhat easier.
AFK.

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

Jenesis wrote:Should be pretty good, but it seems to be a cash-in cross between Lost and X-Men to me.
:idea: that could explain something - I hated Xmen - well I hated the first hour - after that me and my son fell asleep. :o

I'm not sold on any of the characters (yet), but the plot is certainly intriguing, and I'm pleased to hear that you guys think it gets better. :)
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM

bc_rich_
Ashton
Ashton

Post by bc_rich_ »

i reckon it will be pretty cool, but it is still a sort of xmen rip off.
Metal up your ass bitches.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Oh man, what have I been missing? Is it on TV or DVD? Sounds kinda intriguing. I have just been making my way through Carnivale - oh man, what a mind freak! So great...until I founf out there was no season three. HBO killed the whole thing off before it could properly end. Sickos...so cruel.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

UNi - it's on telly - mon nites on 3

You shouldn't have much prob picking up the story. - They usually show you quite a bit of background for each character at the beginning of the show anyway.
starkAM

Carnage
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Carnage »

Up to episode 11 as well... definitely gets better, whereas lost just seems to keep going downhill.
For all you downloaders I'm pretty sure it starts again in the US on Monday the 22nd, so should be new episodes ready to go tuesday our time :)
Same goes for Prison Break s02e14 and Lost s03e07 the week after.
Trust in Allah... but tie your camel to a tree.

Carnage
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Carnage »

I have just been making my way through Carnivale - oh man, what a mind freak!
Awesome series. If not a bit strange :?