CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

BG AND THE MIDNITE BLUES BAND

Post by STRAYFALCON »

Well I must say I am pleased to have caught this band again, undoubtedly a class act, in my books THE most exciting blues band to see and hear LIVE, from start to finish exciting, alive ,emotive are just some of the words to describe this band,BGs vocals along with his guitar playing absolutely fantastic,DC again fantastic, Jimi on bass along with Dean on drums provided the foundation and back bone for BG and DC to build upon.

NZ Blues legend Gary Harvey of the Gary Harvey Band (aka Blues Busters,Black and Blue,Sonny Day and the All Stars,Red House Rockers) ....had this to say.....man these boys simply rock,great sound and great show!

Another Blues Legend in the crowd was "Doc Savage"........60s and 70s early 80s NZ Blues, gat man ........Strayfalcon the only thing on fire is that mans goddam fret board.... if I could get up outta ma seat and walk over to him (BG) I'd shake his hand

Just a few comments from NZs Blues Legends, I must say I was excited about seeing these boys live again,for those of you that missed it well...... dont miss the next one!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: BG AND THE MIDNITE BLUES BAND

Post by Bg »

STRAYFALCON wrote:Well I must say I am pleased to have caught this band again, undoubtedly a class act, in my books THE most exciting blues band to see and hear LIVE, from start to finish exciting, alive ,emotive are just some of the words to describe this band,BGs vocals along with his guitar playing absolutely fantastic,DC again fantastic, Jimi on bass along with Dean on drums provided the foundation and back bone for BG and DC to build upon.

NZ Blues legend Gary Harvey of the Gary Harvey Band (aka Blues Busters,Black and Blue,Sonny Day and the All Stars,Red House Rockers) ....had this to say.....man these boys simply rock,great sound and great show!

Another Blues Legend in the crowd was "Doc Savage"........60s and 70s early 80s NZ Blues, gat man ........Strayfalcon the only thing on fire is that mans goddam fret board.... if I could get up outta ma seat and walk over to him (BG) I'd shake his hand

Just a few comments from NZs Blues Legends, I must say I was excited about seeing these boys live again,for those of you that missed it well...... dont miss the next one!

as always... I have to say you're too kind. You're the best bloke and I reckon you're biased ;)

Having said which, that was the most fun I've ever had with all my clothes on...ever! The crowd were the best we've ever played in front of, I reckon we stepped up to the mark - you know what I'm like, I usually end up in manic depressive phase after a gig, going through every bum note and shit...

Everything about today just seemed to come together, sure we hit some bad notes, mostly from me lol, but the thing is the audience is there for the blues so it doesn't matter when you hit a Gm instead of a G..... its not worth losing hair over. Sorrowfully Kerry our usual drummer couldn't do the gig as he bust several ribs yesterday but his son Dean stepped in and GOD can he play, Darcy knows as he filled in for him over at Greenhithe.

DC kicked up his game and I kept worrrying I was going to run out of 'freebird' licks, he's got it all - solid rhythm and he kicks ferkin' ass big time, I know I can ALWAYS rely on him, it just takes a look and he solo's longer or goes back to ryhthm or whatever. I hope he knew today whenever he got the look it was because I wanted him to keep playing - I was enjoying it so much ;) Whats more, he's played the same guitar through the same rockit amp for years and it always sounds ferkin great, no matter where! The standing joke now is my 'amp of the week!' I reckon its the Carvin, it's a great amp but its a bit too trebly for my tastes, but with everything backed off its got great cleans and shit kicking dirt - the Laney's great but only does dirt and dirtier :twisted: I needed some clean today :lol: but having a rethink, I didn't play anything clean anyway!

James or 'Jimi' as he's now known, is as solid as a ferkin rock, Ive never heard better bass from anyone, and the 8x10 cab is a sight to behold! I love playing bass, but he makes me never want to pick one up again - too damned good!

The Crest was an awesome place to play, not least because of the bar tab! Very many appreciative punters helps and we could have got away with doing a couple of sets with our extended solo's :lol: Still happy and will go down as one of those very very memorable moments! Usually the Crest closes straight after the gig, but it was still going at 10pm, though that could be a testament to my 'free bar tab' powers....;) :twisted:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 846 times
Been liked: 359 times

Post by jimi »

Cheers StrayFalcon for the excellent feedback (and BG too... though I suspect its the bar tab talking). Its so much easier to play when the crowd is receptive (and a bar tab to sooth the nerves). The crowd at the crest was excellent, with pretty much every seat inside filled despite being too loud even according to the dairy owner across the road. Playing along side great musos helps a whole lot as well. Dene's drumming was like having a really f'n loud metronome right beside me, perfect timing the whole way through, and really tasty rythyms as well.

I'm constantly blown away by BG and DC's guitar work, even though I get to listen to it every week, the solos just keep getting better and better. As a guitarist who only knows 5 notes and one lick, I don't know how you guys can play 2-3 solos in each song in the set and manage to make each one sound different and interesting. Top work.

Next weekend its The Jukes! ... should be another ripper.

bluesbass
Gibson

Post by bluesbass »

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry I missed your gig... I have a good excuse though! Promise!
I'm glad it was a good one.
No doubt about it.. you boys can play! Can't wait to catch the next one.

Keep the faith, Brothers...
The opinions expressed in the post above may differ from the opinions expressed by other people with different opinions.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

pics or it didn't happen!

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah I'm still stoked, everything came together. As for the guitaring, its easy - play the first half of freebird for the first solo, then play it backwards for the second. repeat. :lol: throw in some Stairway and you're laughing ;)

pics will be coming once I've extracted the contents of daves camcorder onto my laptop ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Capt. Black »

bluesgeek wrote: pics will be coming once I've extracted the contents of daves camcorder onto my laptop ;)

Remember to keep notes of what goes where. Or have you forgotten what happened last time with that nuclear power station.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Capt. Black wrote:
bluesgeek wrote: pics will be coming once I've extracted the contents of daves camcorder onto my laptop ;)

Remember to keep notes of what goes where. Or have you forgotten what happened last time with that nuclear power station.
I smashed it on the ground but I couldn't find any files in it :(

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

have a pic or two, or three..
Attachments
capture8.JPG
capture8.JPG (54.79 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
capture7.JPG
capture7.JPG (51.78 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
capture6.JPG
capture6.JPG (53.98 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
capture5.JPG
capture5.JPG (47.27 KiB) Viewed 4430 times
capture4.JPG
capture4.JPG (44.98 KiB) Viewed 4431 times
capture3.JPG
capture3.JPG (49.67 KiB) Viewed 4429 times
capture2.JPG
capture2.JPG (51.76 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
capture1.JPG
capture1.JPG (70.21 KiB) Viewed 4427 times

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

and my 'lucky gigging' loud shirt, woah, could hardly hear my amp for it ;)

and a video...
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=30579581

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

looks like a great blues act in the making.

8)

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Terexgeek wrote:
bluesbass wrote:I'm not surprised the band are all wearing sunglasses dude... that shirt is a fire hazard surely?!
Well he gets infringement notices when wearing it in a built up area...

not to mention "walking on the cracks in the pavement" [racist police office sketch - not the nine o'clock news]
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

rocklander wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
bluesbass wrote:I'm not surprised the band are all wearing sunglasses dude... that shirt is a fire hazard surely?!
Well he gets infringement notices when wearing it in a built up area...

not to mention "walking on the cracks in the pavement" [racist police office sketch - not the nine o'clock news]
"Would I be right in assuming Mr Kadogo is a coloured gentlemen?"
Tin arse!!

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

I can't say I've ever noticed sir...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

"There's no room for you in this man's force, I'm transferring you to the SPG..."
Tin arse!!