CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

The Gary Harvey Band - Occidental Auckland Central

Post by STRAYFALCON »

well I dragged myself out of bed on saturday nite went around and picked BG up to go see The Gary Harvey Band ....
I must say there was a good crowd when we got there, knowing Gary from a few years back, I knew he'd pull out all the stops and put on a great show, well I wasnt wrong :-) ...... from start to finish this tight 3 piece band rocked up a storm that was reminescent of the Gary Harvey I remember back in the 80s with Sonny Day & The All stars, Black and Blue, Red House Rockers and thats with out delving even further back in time to the 1960's when this Legendary Kiwi Bluesman was rarking up a storm back then........

I remember seeing him open for the Thunderbirds and George Thorogood on separate occasions and bringing the house down with their blend of high octane blues......... but that aside...... every set was a tasty hot mix of blues and blues rock standards mixed with originals off his latest album....... I have to say for a man knocking 63 and he dont look it at all !...... hes still got the real deal goods, if you're a bass player you will enjoy his approach feel and tone and his natural playing ability , his execution is effortless and if you're just out and about looking for some good old blues n rock go along and check out one of New Zealands Legendary Bluesman.

Hes always got a smile and a bourbon in one hand and always keen to chat and talk music , so if you're up for a laugh and a chat go and see him and his band of merry Bluesman- Ian on drums..... nice and tasty - a human metronome and his oh so tasty gat man Tony ...... The Gary Harvey Band...... you can be sure of a good time with his brand of house Rockin Music

STRAYFALCON

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: The Gary Harvey Band - Occidental Auckland Central

Post by DarcyPerry »

Amen. 8)
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3924 times

Post by Bg »

Gary is the man, he makes bass playing look so effortless yet plays such great lines - and singing at the same time, the rest of the band is jaw droppingly good too, Ian holds down a solid beat along with Gary they are a dream of a rhythm section and Tony's fantastic guitar work is a great match for his Soldano head :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg

Post by STRAYFALCON »

omg! BG! 8) ........ its absolutely wonderful and in my fave colour!.... matches my UGH BOOTS .......sighhhhhhhhhhh

STRAYFALCON 8)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

STRAYFALCON wrote:omg! BG! 8) ........ its absolutely wonderful and in my fave colour!.... matches my UGH BOOTS .......sighhhhhhhhhhh

STRAYFALCON 8)
we could go halves on it mate, I'll let you use it every other day ;)

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg

Post by STRAYFALCON »

I have a plan BG you distract Tony at their next gig 8)

STRAYFALCON 8)