Kevin Borich (and some other dudes) at the Masonic

CD's, Gigs, Gear, anything you want!

Moderator: Capt. Black

bluesbass
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Kevin Borich (and some other dudes) at the Masonic

Post by bluesbass »

I'll leave the full on reviews to our resident gig goers, the StrayFalcon or BG, but...

WOW - great gig from Kevin, excellent guitar player, singer and alround good egg.
Nice support too from one hell of a good drummer (whose name escape me..), and the Larry Morris band.
The opinions expressed in the post above may differ from the opinions expressed by other people with different opinions.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Re: Kevin Borich (and some other dudes) at the Masonic

Post by Terexgeek »

Does he still play (tasty) slide on a hunk of Gibson coffee table?

Last saw him at Mountain Rock Forget which oneand never wanted to play slide so bad... :)
Tin arse!!

bluesbass
Gibson

Post by bluesbass »

Oh, yes....
This is a small sample of the reaction from the crowd:

BluesBass: :D
StrayFalcon: 8)
BG: :mrgreen:
The opinions expressed in the post above may differ from the opinions expressed by other people with different opinions.

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

and DC :shock: :D 8)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3916 times

Post by Bg »

I really really really want a Gibson Coffee Table, erm Firebird :mrgreen:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg

Post by STRAYFALCON »

well........ I went around picked BG up..... again 8) and said BG, come check out Kevin Borich play.... you'll love it.... so off we went on our humble pilgrimage to see yet another Blues Giant who popped across the ditch for a gig,.... Kevin Borich...

Well fortunately we got there just as Kevin went on stage to open with an acoustic slide set..... a happy content crowd looked on, from the first song through to the last song of the set, Kevin worked the crowd with his catchy hooky slide and expressive gravely coarse vocals..... at times sounding very much like a story teller..... with all gathered round listening intently to whats goin to happen next......

The last set Kevin throws on his strat locked and loaded ...... and begins with some very tasty slow blues, with each song, tension building through out the set...... Kevin lights up and proceeds to unleash tasty and hot rapid fire machine gun licks, controlled and well executed, again in turn doin the same on his "firebird".......his slide licks effortless, leaving most of the patrons breathless and wanting more .
BB,BG & DC there lookin on approvingly, it was great to see Kevin play again hes still looking the same, hairs a little shorter, but he looks great,and sounds just as good now as he did back then, for those of you that love the blues, take time out to go and see another Kiwi Blues Legend ..... guys like these arent gonna be around for ever so its a treat and a privilege to still have them amongst us, to be able to appreciate their unique brand of Blues and to learn from them.

STRAYFALCON

Ps....... BTW BB the guys name is Gordon Hull..... very tasty indeed and been around for years played with just about everyone in the scene :-)

STRAYFALCON

bluesbass
Gibson

Post by bluesbass »

STRAYFALCON wrote:Ps....... BTW BB the guys name is Gordon Hull..... very tasty indeed and been around for years played with just about everyone in the scene :-)
He he he... thanks for that Mr Falcon - I knew you'd set me straight. Best drummer I've heard in yonks.

Kevin has actually been rather sick recently, but he still comes home to see his Mum.
What a nice lad.

STRAYFALCON
Stagg
Stagg

Post by STRAYFALCON »

hey hey BB...... thats sad man

STRAYFALCON 8)