Moderator: Capt. Black

stark
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: BIYANG DELAY - ad7

Post by stark »

Sounds interesting Kev, and I was thinking of trying one out, but:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =149736591

The guy won't even answer a simple question - then he attempts to justify $12 by warning that if the buyer doesn't pay it, the safety of the package will be compromised - then he says he's "looking into getting cheaper shipping supplies to reduce shipping costs as well as pricing Shipping companies to find a better deal for everyone. Thanks for asking...I am not out to overcharge..." (yeah right)

and then, he blacklists me. :)

So - I've just been to PostShop to check it out. Judging by the size of the pedal:
$6.10 for Courierpost bag - overnite - Track&Trace - NZ-wide.
$6.70 for a bubwrap bag.

He's charging over $5 to chuck a bit of extra cardboard in. :roll:

It's possible that the higher charge is due to something i haven't taken into account, but if he won't answer my question, I can only draw my own conclusions *shrug*. I'm still interested in the pedal, but his evasiveness isn't exactly confidence-inspiring.
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Kev77 »

I agree - the postage is massive - esp for a start up brand, I got two so it seemed resonable at the time,
weird he's blacklist you, when I had emails from him he seemed real eager to keep me happy, and has made offers about power supplys at cost - which seemed decent.,.,
the two I got were boxed, in their respective boxes and inside a postbox then inside a bag - he could looose the box and save everyone some cash - incld himself.
BTW I also won an artec delay so I'll let y'all know how that one goes

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

the $5 could be delivery door to door. not sure if the seller wants to head down to the post shop (at [who knows what their cost is] in petrol)... but I don't know, and would like to think that, as you said, startup co. should want to go the extra mile.. in this case.. "quite literally smashey.."
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

it is weird - I told him about this site - and maybe he's looking on slapping his forehead. Hopefully he could do a thing at a gearfest and make good, BTW when are they happening again?

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

Funny thing is (assuming he's serious about reducing shipping costs) I could have told him how to almost halve his costs - the $6.70 bubble-bag and a bit of recycled cardboard - but he b-listed me. :?

Oh well. he's prolly done me a favour. I don't really need any more delay units.

Besides, Kev, I was bidding against you :D
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

stark wrote:Funny thing is (assuming he's serious about reducing shipping costs) I could have told him how to almost halve his costs - the $6.70 bubble-bag and a bit of recycled cardboard - but he b-listed me. :?

Oh well. he's prolly done me a favour. I don't really need any more delay units.

Besides, Kev, I was bidding against you :D

Hi, sorry I blacklisted you, thats true... But I did say I am happy to put it in a cheaper bag. This is the first go at selling new goods on Trademe. The boxes the pedals come is are not as sturdy as I would like, and I am concerned that they would arrive with the box collapsed. If anyone would like to buy one and have it sent in the cheapest possible way that is tracked and insured, let me know at the end of the auction, not in the q & A of the auction. You asked for a break down, north island is 5.50-7.50 for shipping, 3.50 for the box and 4.00 for the bubblewrap. I also send out the day payement is received, instead of only a certain shipping date. Matter of fact to make good on not overcharging on shipping, I will ask at the end of this auction today and thursday if anyone wants a bubblepack bag as opposed to the shipping I am currently using, and in the future auctions I will offer the bubble packs as an option, but as far as a single shipping price, I beleive it costs different prices for different areas. I will unblacklist you, if you want to ask me questions, please do so here in the forum or through my website which emails directly to me. I blacklisted you wondering if you were a competetor who was trying to mess up the auction. BTW, I dropped the bar on reserve since it is so close.
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

3.50 for the box and 4.00 for the bubblewrap
:?

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

Tonemaker wrote:[Hi, sorry I blacklisted you, thats true... But I did say I am happy to put it in a cheaper bag.
True, but you intimated that that it wouldn't be properly packed, or track&trace.
Tonemaker wrote:This is the first go at selling new goods on Trademe. The boxes the pedals come is are not as sturdy as I would like, and I am concerned that they would arrive with the box collapsed. If anyone would like to buy one and have it sent in the cheapest possible way that is tracked and insured, let me know at the end of the auction, not in the q & A of the auction.
The problem is that if I win an auction where shipping is a stated amount, I'm legally bound to pay that. It's well-accepted that any questions about packing and shipping costs should be discussed before placing a bid that reaches reserve, and def before the end of the auction, to avoid any stand-offs afterwards.
Tonemaker wrote:You asked for a break down, north island is 5.50-7.50 for shipping, 3.50 for the box and 4.00 for the bubblewrap.
It's good to know that you pack things properly (some TM sellers don't) and I am actually happy to pay a little extra to have something well-packed, but $7.50 per pedal does seem like a lot - I'm certain you could pack it properly for less than that.

FWIW, I find enough cardboard and bubblewrap, foam etc lying on the footpaths around town to do most of my packing.

Check out a PostShop when you get the chance - you'll see the red courierpost bags They are nationwide, t&t. When I looked at the bags I was wondering if the boxed pedal may be just a little too large for the $6.70 bag, but I couldn't ask you about that. :wink:
Tonemaker wrote: I will unblacklist you, if you want to ask me questions, please do so here in the forum or through my website which emails directly to me. I blacklisted you wondering if you were a competetor who was trying to mess up the auction.
:shock: No f**kin WAY am i selling ANY of my delay pedals :P
starkAM

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

3.50 for the box and 4.00 for the bubblewrap
Jenesis wrote:
:?
Kryten wrote:it's "tension paper" you smee..hee...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

At that price it must be a hand carved mahogany box and silk bubblewrap with gold thread running through it.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

FWIW, I find enough cardboard and bubblewrap, foam etc lying on the footpaths around town to do most of my packing.
That's very Earth Hour of you, but ew! :wink:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Who has the best price, service, track n trace on shipping, as well as who has the best price on packing materials... Cheers...
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

my experience is smaller postshops, the bigger PO are stinker about the prices,

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

Yeah I've seen those little boxes a Postshop for $3.50 :roll:
hamo wrote:
That's very Earth Hour of you, but ew! :wink:
There's always plenty of clean cardboard outside the RockShop. All the shops along Dominion Rd stack it neatly for recycling too. I also re-use bub-wrap from stuff that ppl send to me. Really there's no shortage of packing materials if you just look around. All I hafta buy is tape from the $2 shop (it's $4 at Postshop)

Responsible, environmentally-aware greenie? Or just a tightarse? :lol:

Even if I am the latter - the buck (or lack of) doesn't stop here - my TM buyers pay nothing for packing.
starkAM

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

ah - raiding the rockshop bins - you a truley a TM savage, many a box have a scav'ed,
I bought a cd on TM once for a dollar - guy wanted 4 p&p packagng and petrol to drive to the postshop - wha'eva :x