Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

gregtarr
I am Marshall, hear me roar!
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Tele thing

Post by gregtarr »

Ok, here it is:
Please oogle it (no drooling on it though). It looks a lot nicer than it did when I bought it, so I thought that I would stick it on Trade Me and see if anyone is interested, and if not, I'll make a super guitar.
My plans have changed though. We had a Battle of the Bands between our hall and the hall over the road, and the guitarist from one of the other bands made me an offer on my Mexican Strat, so it's gone, and I'm looking for something amazing.
So it'll be on Trade Me for a while, then if no one wants it (for how much I want for it!) then I'll make myself the best damn guitar ever.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3930 times

Post by Bg »

ooo that looks nice :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Richy11
If your 555, then I'm 666

Post by Richy11 »

Don't bother with Trademe. Just make the super guitar. You know thats what you want :wink:

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1376 times
Been liked: 2106 times

Post by GrantB »

What's the body made of? Looks dark like Mahog on the outside edges but light like Maple in the routs...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

gregtarr

Post by gregtarr »

I don't know what it is made of, but it's a quilted top (I think that's what it's called) meaning that it's not all the nice wood, just maybe a 5mm slab on top.
The only thing that is stopping me making the super guitar is that I don't know how good quality the body actually is, I mean, is it worth spending a heap of money on stuff for it? I think I'll do it anyway though.
"I told you, pedals sound twice as good when they're stacked on top of other pedals" - Mike Einziger

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

That is (DROOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL) NICE!

Oh man..Make it!!
sorry for drooling!
We can forgive the child who is afraid of the dark, we cannot forgive the adult who is afraid of the light!

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Post some close up pictures of the back and the neck/pickup cavities and I'll have a guess at the wood. If it was made in the States it will be ash, alder, basswood or poplar. The last two are quite white with not much in the way of grain pattern. Ash is very porous with strong grain patterns.

With a 1/4" flame maple cap I'd put my money on a decent ash or alder back.

I say make it. Let me know if you need any hardware.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

I have a Tele neck coming in from the states next month! Interested?
A new one of course! Let me know, you can have it at cost. PM me.

Well actually I have a whole tele in bits...and an extra neck coming in!
We can forgive the child who is afraid of the dark, we cannot forgive the adult who is afraid of the light!

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

I know I'm late in the thread, but.... Make it make it make it make it make it make it make it!!!! 8)

That looks really nice. It can be your present to yourself for your first semester results :P
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

gregtarr

Post by gregtarr »

Ah, Tsuken!
I've decided to make it.
I have Ash making a CBS strat style neck for it (maple, with the big curvy headstock like Dave Gilmour).
It's going to have 3 SD pups, um, a Pearly Gates humbucker in the bridge, and a '59 in the neck (I think, I can't really remember) and a single coil in the middle.
It doesn't actually look as good in real life, it's a lot darker and redder, but I'm going to see if I can get it lightened some time in the future.
I'll post pics when it's done.
"I told you, pedals sound twice as good when they're stacked on top of other pedals" - Mike Einziger

gregtarr

Post by gregtarr »

I made a picture of what I reckon that it'll look like, but I'm scared to post it, in case it looks completely different.

gregtarr

Post by gregtarr »

~

Does anyone here use Dvorak? (Gelato? I'm looking at you?!)

gregtarr

Post by gregtarr »

That pic is what the body actually looks like. Hmmm. Not nearly as pretty.

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by goldtop0 »

That'll be one mean lookin and sounding mother when she's done, and very individual.
Look forward to playing her sometime. Congrats 8)
Doin' that scrapyard thing.