Stickers

Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Do you put stickers on your guitars?

Yes because I don't like a boring guitar!
No votes
Yes because I want to personalise my guitar
17%
No way! My guitars look fine as they are!
48%
No but I don't care about people who do - even to guitars I love
34%

Total votes: 29

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by B45-12 »

Sideline - what do you folk reckon when repairmen unasked shove their ad sticker on your headstock or in your case? I've had it happen several times and while I don't mind for a good repair guy, I like to be asked first.
You can't do THAT on stage!

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

:shock: I'd be well pissed if anyone did any shit like that :evil:
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

B45-12 wrote:Sideline - what do you folk reckon when repairmen unasked shove their ad sticker on your headstock or in your case? I've had it happen several times and while I don't mind for a good repair guy, I like to be asked first.
Seriously a sticker on your freaking headstock? I hope it was the back at the least!!!!

ratfink
Thunderbird IV

Post by ratfink »

I reckon it's bad enough when they put a sticker on your car when they've fixed the exhaust or whtever [pisses me off no end, because they never ask you, you have to tell them not to! and it's just free advertising for them], but a sticker on your gat is a whole 'nother thing again... there'd be hell to pay...
"And I want a bike and a monkey and a friend for the monkey." - Ralph Wiggum

Stevo
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Stevo »

Tsuken wrote:
Stevo wrote:
I know exactly where you're coming from with the major customisation thing 8)

And the BC Rich Bich ......8) 8)
Yeah, Tsuken, great when people appreciate your efforts to produce something fresh. Also great when someone reputable tells you what it's worth (?)....and you know your investment (money, time and effort) was worth it! :lol:
We can forgive the child who is afraid of the dark, we cannot forgive the adult who is afraid of the light!

Cabb
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Cabb »

If a repair guy did that, I would be thoroughly annoyed.

Needless to say the sticker would be removed and destroyed the moment I lay my eyes on it. That's the sort of shit that makes you avoid a company rather than say "oh look honey, what a superb company, their ad has made me wish to do business with them".

VillageIdiot
Stagg
Stagg

Post by VillageIdiot »

B45-12 wrote:Sideline - what do you folk reckon when repairmen unasked shove their ad sticker on your headstock or in your case? I've had it happen several times and while I don't mind for a good repair guy, I like to be asked first.
Case... forgivable.

Headstock... serious talking to.
Click me!!! ::Guitar::Amp::Rig

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Good! I was thinking I was a bit over the top wanting to rearrange features with broken bottles etc. but obviously I'm not alone with that sort of feeling

Yes the stickers have been on the back of the headstock and yes unasked for/uninvited.
You can't do THAT on stage!

VillageIdiot
Stagg
Stagg

Post by VillageIdiot »

Fuck that- seriously.

If any goon put something sticky on any of my babies, there would be hell to pay.
Click me!!! ::Guitar::Amp::Rig

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

VillageIdiot wrote:Fuck that- seriously.

If any goon put something sticky on any of my babies, there would be hell to pay.
Hell yes! I mean putting adverts on the guitar is onething - but moving to *that* level of guitar defacing - thats just obscene! (Id sooner burn the guitar than try to get *that* off )

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

:lol: and :? all at the same time

:P
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Champers
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Champers »

i had that to my martin and didnt think anything of it til u brought it up, now im actually rather pissed. as for the sticker thing in general i stickered up my first guitar but havnt done any since then. my all time favorite musician would have to be rivers cuomo, i got a guitar similar to his, same strap as him and at some stage think i might sticker it up just like him too :P