What colour is that? I call it Kumara Shitburst.

Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

raz wrote:Most of the early Fender colours came from cars, either Ford or GM, I believe Fiesta Red was originally used on the 56 Thunderbird.

Certainly an interesting colour, mine's red most of the time, but sometimes I worry that it's pink and my next guitar will be one of those flower shaped daisyrocks <uurgh>
haha :lol: :D

I bet no-one ever bought a pink Thunderbird in 1956!!
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

I would not be so sure Ash - back in the early 70's we had a pink electrolux fridge from, at the latest, 1961. Me dear ol Ma in law bought it for us and the paint appears to have been an original factory finish.

Heck I used to sell the things and I've never seen another, although puke green was pretty common.

Presumably someone Little Richard could have affored a pink thunderbird and he was as gay as!
You can't do THAT on stage!

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Fair enough!
Perhaps they all drove from Fiesta to Carnivale to Mardi Gras in their pink Thunderbirds :D

F&P still make puke green fridges espescially for the Fiji, Indonesia and Malaysia markets according to the tour guide at the factory!!
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

ash wrote:Fair enough!
Perhaps they all drove from Fiesta to Carnivale to Mardi Gras in their pink Thunderbirds :D

F&P still make puke green fridges espescially for the Fiji, Indonesia and Malaysia markets according to the tour guide at the factory!!
How much you think a fridge that colour would cost me? :shock: :idea: :?:
"I am the Black Wizard"