Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 598 times

Re: Made some headstock decals

Post by Starfire »

Cheers all for the comments. :)
Reg18 wrote:Looks great, I'm just starting to get ideas together for what I'm going to put on my Tele build. The inkjet version seems pretty achievable though. Did you do the relic job on the tuners?
I bought the Gotoh relic tuners. These ones:
http://www.guitarparts.co.nz/tuning-mac ... ickel.html
I've used them twice and both times I've actually given them a quick once over with whatever car polish I had lying around because they were a bit too dull (sort of stony grey rather than dulled nickel) and had unrealistic rusty splodges. I've had the guitar a couple of years now, so they've gathered a bit of natural patina too.
Slowy wrote: Hamish, they look great. I can't figure out how you got the density of black though. All the ones I did were partially transparent; couldn't get any solidity to the colour.
I don't know either! The instructions for the decal paper say to put your printer on 'normal' quality. I did one run on normal and one on 'best' and preferred the latter; the colour was more solid and the edges sharper.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Someone should really tell Iain that its not 2014 anymore, for copyright reasons. Neither is it 2009 when his site last got redesigned. Its all about mobile first, and that looks like a pile of shite on anything other than a monitor.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 598 times

Post by Starfire »

The thing that annoys me most is that the categories down the left are not alphabetised. :crazy: Fortunately I don't use the site often. :)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

meh he always wanted them in a specific order ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.