Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times

Stapleton Pickups

Post by adamfr33man »

Hey All,

Can see a lot of good things said about Mr Glynn's pickups but somehow found these Stapleton pickups. Was looking for a single coil strat set and saw these. Could be interesting to mix some of the Alnico 3 and Alnico 5 magnets too.

https://www.stapletonguitars.com/collec ... 7246935178

Just wondering if anyone has used these pickups, or anything by Stapleton and whether it's worth a shot?

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 221 times

Re: Stapleton Pickups

Post by IMOCD »

Been thinking the same thing too. I like the look of his guitars.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

We live in amazing time where we have multiple pickup builders in our small nation.

Now, someone come up with a PAF repro that's proper, and doesn't cost $1K.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Hello Mr Cheese!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

adamfr33man
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by adamfr33man »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:50 pm Hello Mr Cheese!
Sup JB? Saw your other thread talking about the Mr Glynn's Bellbird set and was deciding between these two. Also had a Spark amp show up about a week ago which is a lot of fun! Looks like some nice updates coming out for that tomorrow with the 6505 clone, Klon and EQ Pedal.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

adamfr33man wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:50 pm Hello Mr Cheese!
Sup JB? Saw your other thread talking about the Mr Glynn's Bellbird set and was deciding between these two. Also had a Spark amp show up about a week ago which is a lot of fun! Looks like some nice updates coming out for that tomorrow with the 6505 clone, Klon and EQ Pedal.
Nice one dude, the Spark is an awesome wee amp!! If you are after 60s era tones you can't go past the bellbirds, does a brilliant John Mayer / Frusciante tone!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Has anyone tried their acoustic guitars, or know anything more about them? For that price, I'd suspect they are having them built in China, but you never know. They look cool.

stapletonguitars
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 2 times

Post by stapletonguitars »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:53 pm Has anyone tried their acoustic guitars, or know anything more about them? For that price, I'd suspect they are having them built in China, but you never know. They look cool.
Hi, olegmcnoleg, I'm Roman from Stapleton Guitars! We build our guitars (and pickups) in Rolleston, Canterbury :)

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

stapletonguitars wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:56 pm
olegmcnoleg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:53 pm Has anyone tried their acoustic guitars, or know anything more about them? For that price, I'd suspect they are having them built in China, but you never know. They look cool.
Hi, olegmcnoleg, I'm Roman from Stapleton Guitars! We build our guitars (and pickups) in Rolleston, Canterbury :)
That’s fantastic. Well done sir. Can I try them out (in Auckland)?

stapletonguitars
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 2 times

Post by stapletonguitars »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:38 am
Thanks! We don't have a place to try them out in Auckland yet, but we are thinking of going to an expo or maybe doing a popup shop some time next year. Also, if you're ever travel down to the South Island - welcome to visit our workshop :)

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

stapletonguitars wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:47 am
olegmcnoleg wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:38 am

Thanks! We don't have a place to try them out in Auckland yet, but we are thinking of going to an expo or maybe doing a popup shop some time next year. Also, if you're ever travel down to the South Island - welcome to visit our workshop :)
Sounds like a "factory tour" offer :P Wonder if any other ChCh forumites would be keen...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Or come along to the Gearfest in a couple of weeks!

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=39365 For details :-)

jubbathehog
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by jubbathehog »

A guy I work with has bought three Stapleton acoustics, 2 jumbos and a smaller OO or similar. They all look, sound and play amazing. The build quality is outstanding, and he rates the jumbos over his martin J40. He’s a pretty fussy dude too.