Shipping damage - repairers in Auckland?

Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

Shipping damage - repairers in Auckland?

Post by danrawkz »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any guitar repairers around that repair/quote finish damage from shipping, or if any of you guys have experience claiming for damage. I've emailed a couple of people I could find off Google but haven't received a response yet. Ash used to be my go-to back in the day and he always did a fantastic job.

I recently purchased a guitar out of Japan that got dinged in transit and I'm trying to figure out if there's anyone around who can repair it, or if it's more involved than that (i.e. refinish). Alternatively, perhaps there might be a way to negotiate with the seller? anyone had experience with this?
Attachments
Screenshot_20231030-195529.png
Screenshot_20231030-195529.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 5729 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Re: Shipping damage - repairers in Auckland?

Post by Slowy »

danrawkz wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:57 pm Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any guitar repairers around that repair/quote finish damage from shipping, or if any of you guys have experience claiming for damage. I've emailed a couple of people I could find off Google but haven't received a response yet. Ash used to be my go-to back in the day and he always did a fantastic job.

I recently purchased a guitar out of Japan that got dinged in transit and I'm trying to figure out if there's anyone around who can repair it, or if it's more involved than that (i.e. refinish). Alternatively, perhaps there might be a way to negotiate with the seller? anyone had experience with this?
Bugger.
So many questions:
Where are you?
Nitro, Poly, Acrylic?
Insurance?
Have you spoken to the seller?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

danrawkz
PRS
PRS

Post by danrawkz »

I'm in Auckland and it's a Schecter, so I guess it's a poly finish

I've spoken with the seller and I can confirm it was insured (shipped via EMS). At this stage I've got to a point where they've requested a quote to fix it, but I'm yet to get a response to my emails from the people I have contacted so far in my search.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame, a big reason for the purchase was it was a reasonably cheap & mint condition model guitar from 2009 which are reasonably hard to find these days. Not super cut up about it, but the damage undeniably affects the value.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Having had a similar issue in the past, as it was under the insured amount with the courier company they were liable for the cost of repair, I had to get a quote for the work to be done which I asked Trevor Binford for, and it was quite a significant amount to repair but they paid up :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

danrawkz
PRS
PRS

Post by danrawkz »

might give Trevor a go tomorrow and see if I can get anywhere. the names of the people in the industry are all different these days since 2008 when I joined here that's for sure, haha.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by H671 »

Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

danrawkz wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:25 pm might give Trevor a go tomorrow and see if I can get anywhere. the names of the people in the industry are all different these days since 2008 when I joined here that's for sure, haha.
Trevor is a geezer
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius