Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1364 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Effects Pedal repair

Post by GrantB »

Hi all - I have two effects pedals that have stopped working. Both are boutique (should that read unreliable?) and have basic PCB construction etc so for someone in the know wouldn't be too hard. One is an Aramat Effects Green Machine, the other is an OS-1 which only needs a new switch. Could do it myself I guess but I don't have the time right now.

Anyone got any recomendations for a repair shop?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

grolschie
Ashton
Ashton

Post by grolschie »

Buy a cheap multi-meter and soldering iron? You never know, you might have fun! :-)

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

grolschie wrote:Buy a cheap multi-meter and soldering iron? You never know, you might have fun! :-)
I suspect it's the IC chip I've fried...too much voltage from my cheap unregulated wall wart. Mmmm....I think I'll take it to a guru...I'm feeling insecure about my electronic capabilities at present, amongst other things....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

johnny mullet
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by johnny mullet »

Maybe Axent Audio. They do sound systems but same thing really.

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

grolschie wrote:Buy a cheap multi-meter and soldering iron? You never know, you might have fun! :-)
Soldering irons & fun???? My experience with them has been one of frustration & confusion 8)

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

offender wrote: Soldering irons & fun???? My experience with them has been one of frustration & confusion 8)
I hear ya..

have just 'finished 2 project pedals th 'odie' and 'supreaux' from runoffgroove.com and although they're done to (as to spec as Iould) they are both REALLY quiet. like alost inaudible at full drive and full volume. not sure where to go from here... some changes were to replace the j201 fets suggested with mpf102 but I'm told that should be okay? anyone got any advice on starting points for a noob? (note on the supreaux, it was VERY hard to get exactly the voltage bias, so could only get it as close as I could.. think it was ~5.X volts rather than the 4.X it asked for)
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

johnny mullet wrote:Maybe Axent Audio. They do sound systems but same thing really.
try fix it fill,

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Re: Effects Pedal repair

Post by Polar Bear »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Hi all - I have two effects pedals that have stopped working. Both are boutique (should that read unreliable?) and have basic PCB construction etc so for someone in the know wouldn't be too hard. One is an Aramat Effects Green Machine, the other is an OS-1 which only needs a new switch. Could do it myself I guess but I don't have the time right now.

if you are in HAmilton then John Gilmore is your man, i can PM you his phone number need be.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

GrantB
ADMIN

Re: Effects Pedal repair

Post by GrantB »

Polar Bear wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:Hi all - I have two effects pedals that have stopped working. Both are boutique (should that read unreliable?) and have basic PCB construction etc so for someone in the know wouldn't be too hard. One is an Aramat Effects Green Machine, the other is an OS-1 which only needs a new switch. Could do it myself I guess but I don't have the time right now.

if you are in HAmilton then John Gilmore is your man, i can PM you his phone number need be.
Thanks Polar Beer (!) - John's a good man, with a good ear! I got Keith at Aramat Effects to fix the Green Machine...cost SFA. Another good guy. The OS-1 I should fix myself....not hard. Cheers U