Stickers

Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Do you put stickers on your guitars?

Yes because I don't like a boring guitar!
No votes
Yes because I want to personalise my guitar
17%
No way! My guitars look fine as they are!
48%
No but I don't care about people who do - even to guitars I love
34%

Total votes: 29

offender
Gretsch
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Stickers

Post by offender »

Do you try to find stickers to put on your guitar(s) or like stickers on guitars? Personally I don't - I like them as they are from a finish point of view and try to give them a bit of a clean every now and then. THough maybe a really cool sticker might sway me? (maybe one of those old style G logos from Gretsch that they put on the Chet Atkins guitars might go well on my sparkle jet?)

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by philipnz »

No way for me.
Our guitarist has lots on his well worn strat tho, Nothing on any of his other guitars.

Peter Buck of REM's Rickenbacker

gregtarr
I am Marshall, hear me roar!

Post by gregtarr »

The stickers I see on guitars are always crap in my opinion. Although I don't want to start another political debate ala audioslave - like a stone, I will say that I like what Tom Morello does to his guitars, writes on them, small stickers and stuff.
My fav is "Arm the Homeless"

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

gregtarr wrote:The stickers I see on guitars are always crap in my opinion. Although I don't want to start another political debate ala audioslave - like a stone, I will say that I like what Tom Morello does to his guitars, writes on them, small stickers and stuff.
The first thing most of them would do would be to go and hold up a bottle store (and not for the cash) :)

Here is the logo that I might consider putting on my gretsch - but I would have to think about it as I quite like it as it is:

(UPDATE : Its just occurred to me - looking around the internet at gretsch logos - that the image below is actually specifically for the Chet Atkins, and rather than being some odd G it is actually CA - for, funnily enough, Chet Atkins - so therefore I wouldn't put that on my guitar as mine is just a fairly plain vanilla modern Gretsch )

philipnz
PRS
PRS

Post by philipnz »

Thats meant to be branded isnt it?

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

I would only put stickers on my guitar if the finish was shabby.

the current one is flame-top so don't really want to screw with it. it looks too nice.
AFK.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

offender wrote:
gregtarr wrote:The stickers I see on guitars are always crap in my opinion. Although I don't want to start another political debate ala audioslave - like a stone, I will say that I like what Tom Morello does to his guitars, writes on them, small stickers and stuff.
The first thing most of them would do would be to go and hold up a bottle store (and not for the cash) :)

Here is the logo that I might consider putting on my gretsch - but I would have to think about it as I quite like it as it is:

(UPDATE : Its just occurred to me - looking around the internet at gretsch logos - that the image below is actually specifically for the Chet Atkins, and rather than being some odd G it is actually CA - for, funnily enough, Chet Atkins - so therefore I wouldn't put that on my guitar as mine is just a fairly plain vanilla modern Gretsch )

I could be tempted to put that one on my Gretsch, Mine is the pale green colour.

philipnz
PRS
PRS

Post by philipnz »

Pale green Gretsch? Say what? When did that arrive?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Post by Bg »

whay you actually felt guilty enough to go and pay it off?????

As for the sticker thing - why turn your guitar into a rice mobile? I was only joking the other day about the neons and park bench spoiler!!!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

well take for example a lame old squier.. in the first place it doesnt cost too much anyway, so to make it interesting why not cover it up.. that's just my view, but say if it was a Les paul or a flame top PRS, i wouldnt even think about it..

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I don't have stickers on my guitars anymore - though I used to have a couple in the '60s -peace, love, hair - all that sort of stuff ... you've seen the movies - LOL

I don't like stickers on my car either - the only one I have is for my car club.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

bluesgeek wrote:whay you actually felt guilty enough to go and pay it off?????

As for the sticker thing - why turn your guitar into a rice mobile? I was only joking the other day about the neons and park bench spoiler!!!
well............... :P

Actually I wasn't sure what to vote. At present, I have no stickers on most of my guitars, but I have in the past had stickers (women, of course 8) ) on the headstocks. I also currently have a small metal badge (the Led Zep swan song whatever it is - the winged guy) on the pickguard of the frankenstrat, and some little winged badge stuck on the Rockson.

I also have one very be-stickerd strat copy. This guitar I bought for $50 and then covered in every sticker/glued on picture I could think of. Lots of Garbage Pail Kids, metal stuff, women, the usual 8) Plus scribbling with a vivid marker and a twink pen 8) I then put a clear coat over the top, not that it worked very well. The guitar's currently in a totally non-functional state, but I'm thinking about resurrecting it 8)

So I therefore don't know what to vote. My basic inclination is no stickers, but I have this be-stickered monstrosity, and a past history of stickering - even if not to excess. Oh, and I'm also going to put a big Royo picture or something on the Warlock once I get round to it. And debating doing something to the Yamaha. :P So I guess I should vote somewhere in the middle, but that's not the whole story, cos it varys from guitar to guitar.

(Shall I shut up now? :P )

No stickers on the Sabre though.
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Post by Bg »

ah yes but we've seen your 'taste' in pictures and you do own a skyline.... surprised there isn't a dragon in there somewhere or are you just not admitting to it? :twisted:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

philipnz wrote:Thats meant to be branded isnt it?
Yeah but you could still get a sticker of it!

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

Tsuken wrote: No stickers on the Sabre though.
What about twink and/or vivid?

"I LuV mY sAbRe !!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D *unreadablescrawl* :D:D:D"