No middle man markup.

http://www.carvin.com/
http://www.markbass.it/

http://www.jansen.co.nz/

thought it might interest some.
Michelle
Audio Engineer
http://www.therockfactory.net
"Helping our fellow musicians through quality Recording and Live Sound Production"
BVs and keyboards for Amperzahn (Kristie's Band)...

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

The Carvins through Jansen are waaay marked up... That's the only reason I haven't bought one yet, and their US site won't work for us.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

jansen list prices seem pretty inflated alright, but the times I've bought off them (over the phone) they do whack a bunch of discount (for no apparent reason) off it. you'd think they'd advertise their best price online huh...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

nzsimon1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re:

Post by nzsimon1 »

slash-ed wrote:The Carvins through Jansen are waaay marked up... That's the only reason I haven't bought one yet, and their US site won't work for us.
Where can you buy USA made custom shop guitars for less? it is easy with Carvin to look at the price in the US but if you look at the price of everything in the USA you will find it is cheaper, their economy is so huge they can get away with less margin. here? well we have 27 staff that all need to put food in their kids tummys so while we are substantially less than any other brand of custom shop American made guitars in NZ, we are still more expensive than buying direct in the USA or are we add up all the real costs insuranced freight is incredibly expensive now add in the $50 customs entry fee and GST on every single charge including the cost don't forget the case cost and all the extra options on the instrument

With that said we are open to deals so don't deny yourself based on the list price we have sold every Carvin guitar we have ever brought in and I very rarely see them for resale as their owners love them
We even sell rebranded name brand guitar strings for $7
It costs a lot to get things to NZ and carry them in stock any business that has weathered time will say the same, one man importers who do it for a hobby or only to support themselves don't count they come and go like the wind we have been around for over 50 years

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Re: Re:

Post by Lawrence »

nzsimon1 wrote:[we have been around for over 50 years
well the brand has.......nearly bought it in the eighties.....

seriously tho

I have always had good prices and good servicefrom you guys,,,,but sometimesI have to listen to a bit of a lecture while Im there.......thats cool tho....Im not above an occasional polemic rave myself!!

keep it up
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Re: Re:

Post by Capt. Black »

Lawrence wrote:....Im not above an occasional polemic rave myself!!

Polemic? Do they make those now?

I'm assuming they're for exotic dancers to sing through... :roll: 8)