Links to vaguely related sites

Moderator: Capt. Black

naphazoline
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Fatshopper music gear store

Post by naphazoline »

where are you based? will anyone reply if a problem occurs???? or is it a matter of sell and forget?

cheeseboy777
Squier

Post by cheeseboy777 »

I got a Daphon analog delay and I'm very happy with it. Sure it's not going to sound as good as an AD-9 but for the $40 odd it cost me I'm stoked with it. Keep an eye on phatshopper's dollar no reserve auctions, they seem to go for a lot less than the buy nows =) You can get some crazy trippy sounds out of it as well as usable stuff, sounds great with my bass. The thing looks super solid. I've heard dodgy pots are the main problem on Daphon pedals.

Great service, arrived the day after I paid for it! Aparently the OD pedal is pretty sweet by all accounts too, would love to try one with that sheepshagger mod =p

The consumer guarantees act is an interesting beast, I believe it means the product shouldn't crap out during a reasonable lifespan but what that is on a pedal I'm not sure?? A lot of places rip you off with those extended warranties that you have to pay extra for when you're actually technically covered by the law anyway.
Time to restring? Check our site for the cheapest deals in NZ!

http://www.guitarstuff.co.nz

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Crazy Horse »

Agreed about warranties - my girlfriend and I were shopping for a Mac laptop for her recently and Noel Leeming's sales guy was incredibly pushy about taking the warranty, to the point that we ended up walking out.

Hey fatshopper I'm just busting your balls mate, I'm sure it's great stuff for the price (which is very low). There's been a few people pushing their wares through NZG including some rather unscrupulous MFs in the past so a little joshing is inevitable.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

robnobcorncob wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:Is a 3 month guarantee adequate? I was under the impression that a twelve month warranty is the minimum legal requirement in New Zealand. :?
Somebody whip out the fair trading & Consumer guarantees act[s] These will likely cover you beyond that warranty anyway
My point entirely, when you are legally obliged to provide a minimum 12 month warranty, doesn't it seem a little strange to state explictly "3 months guarantee no worries", what happens in the next 9 months, worries?
Tin arse!!

borge
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by borge »

maybe he means 3 additional months on top of the mandatory 12 months :wink:

but somehow i doubt that :roll:

so have you just come here to spam up the board or to offer NZGuitar users a hefty discount? :P :twisted:

fatshopper

Post by fatshopper »

Crazy Horse wrote:Agreed about warranties - my girlfriend and I were shopping for a Mac laptop for her recently and Noel Leeming's sales guy was incredibly pushy about taking the warranty, to the point that we ended up walking out.

Hey fatshopper I'm just busting your balls mate, I'm sure it's great stuff for the price (which is very low). There's been a few people pushing their wares through NZG including some rather unscrupulous MFs in the past so a little joshing is inevitable.

Cheers,
Yep fair call on busting the balls. Yep we are pushing our wares and a bit of joshing is all fair and good. I am a guitarist first and foremost so I really do not like the unscrupulous MF's either, basically the deal with the gaurantee is three month and then case by case. I think most people have given there gear a rough time from time to time so that is way we limit it. To be honest we have had so few faults that it has never been an issue. I am also a customer so i get pretty F'd off with dodgy sales people. Had a recent drama with bond and bond over a gaurantee on a computer. The guy tried to sell us a gaurantee that wasn't worth jack and didn't like being told. We are based in Hamilton and will email anyway back or they can call the number on our website http://www.fatshopper.co.nz. I am not trying to piss people off by doing the pushy salesman thing but am happy to answer anyones questions

fatshopper

Post by fatshopper »

borge wrote:maybe he means 3 additional months on top of the mandatory 12 months :wink:

but somehow i doubt that :roll:

so have you just come here to spam up the board or to offer NZGuitar users a hefty discount? :P :twisted:

Fair call. To be honest the prices are already super low but been as you asked I will offer 10% off to anyone who mentions this thread

Timi
Gibson

Post by Timi »

Crazy Horse wrote:Agreed about warranties - my girlfriend and I were shopping for a Mac laptop for her recently and Noel Leeming's sales guy was incredibly pushy about taking the warranty, to the point that we ended up walking out.
Buying the extra 2 year Apple warranty is well worth it if you ever have a problem in that 3 years. You used to be able to buy it anytime in the first year of owning the computer, but I think now it has to be in the first 3 months.

He was being pushy because Apple NZ have a reward system for their resellers if they sell lots of Applecares with computers. Whenever I tried to sell Applecare to someone I told them the reasons why I think they should get it, but let them know its their choice. The guy you dealt with was a really bad salesman, to the point where he lost a deal.

Anyway, back to the Dolphins or whatever that brand is....

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Crazy Horse »

Can't we just stick to the dolphins?!....

Oh ok that's fair enough that it's worthwhile. Having owned three Macs, I have found that they do actually run into problems (though never to do with spyware and that shit) but I've also found these problems tend to arise within the first year of owning the thing. We suspected he was getting an extra kickback from pushing the applecare thing.

Hey fatshopper good on you for taking it on the chin!

fatshopper

Post by fatshopper »

They do get a kickback, usually the commission on a guarantee contract is 50%. Thats right half of the mopney you pay for an extended guarantee goes top the guy pushing you into buying it. You do the maths

Crazy Horse
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Crazy Horse »

No wonder he wanted to get it sold! That would be approx. $150 from memory.

Azza
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Azza »

I got a Daphon noisegate and a compressor to try out.

Compressor works fine. Can adjust it nicely so it doesn't squash too much, as well as cranking it a bit to give a nice little bit of extra drive. No complaints on that one. Nice and solid feeling. It's quite heavy and there's a little evil voice begging me to throw it to see how far it will bounce.. it just feels like it will....

Noisegate however, showing all signs of cheap build. It absolutely refuses to work on mains (works ok on battery), and the input socket is set slightly askew and will only accommodate some of my leads... some plugs won't fit however. There is a little voice urging me to throw it too but for different reasons. The sound through it is ok, can set it to not chop any sustain while cutting out unwanted microphonic noise from the guitar.

So I haven't tried anything exciting as far as signal processing goes, but for dynamics, they do what it says on the tin (except work on mains and plug in properly...)

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Timi wrote:
Buying the extra 2 year Apple warranty is well worth it if you ever have a problem in that 3 years. You used to be able to buy it anytime in the first year of owning the computer, but I think now it has to be in the first 3 months.

He was being pushy because Apple NZ have a reward system for their resellers if they sell lots of Applecares with computers. Whenever I tried to sell Applecare to someone I told them the reasons why I think they should get it, but let them know its their choice. The guy you dealt with was a really bad salesman, to the point where he lost a deal.

Anyway, back to the Dolphins or whatever that brand is....
Engineers talk about the "bathtub shaped curve" - if you plot failures of a product over time there is a high peak right at the beginning ( like the tap end of the bath ) from all the items that were actually made wrong at the factory and tend to fail within a week or two. Then the failure rate drops quite low and stays that way ( like the bottom of the bath ) until the product begins to wear out, then the graph starts to rise up like the head end of a bath. The 'extended warranty' is designed to cover the long period of low failures and cut out just before the curve rises when the product reaches the end of its useful life.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Just to push further in the direction of the tangent- I would never buy a laptop without an extended warrantee. Mine ($4000 worth) would have ended up in the garbage shortly after a year if I hadn't paid a bit extra and got 5 years coverage.

majinbuu1023

Post by majinbuu1023 »

Fatshopper ur site is not working anymore I wanna buy some stuff