Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Legal music downloads

Post by Basket Case »

Found this site http://www.legalsounds.com/

Does anyone have experience with them? The Download prices seem a little too good to be true ($0.09 per song or $0.99 for an entire album). From what I can gather it is actually a Russian site (which in itself makes me uneasy about handing over credit card details).

Are there any other legal sites anyone can recommend (apart from the obvious itunes).

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Legal music downloads

Post by Some Bozo »

Basket Case wrote:Found this site http://www.legalsounds.com/

Does anyone have experience with them? The Download prices seem a little too good to be true ($0.09 per song or $0.99 for an entire album). From what I can gather it is actually a Russian site (which in itself makes me uneasy about handing over credit card details).

Are there any other legal sites anyone can recommend (apart from the obvious itunes).
Run software provided by a Russian website at your own risk...
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

DaNextSlash
Fender
Fender

Post by DaNextSlash »

LImewire!!!!!

What? :?
Hmmm....Its niiiiiice
I like

Clarky
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Clarky »

Basket Case wrote:Found this site http://www.legalsounds.com/

Amazon.
Konx om Pax

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

How's the local scene for NZ music paid downloads? I've always plundered from the Internet with abandon if they're foreign but tried to buy local stuff if its still available as I know how poor local fulltime musos are. I've also always refused to copy NZ CDs unless they're out of production for other people.

I started using soulseek a while ago and while there's quite a bit of kiwi stuff there, if I like it I'd prefer to pay for it, I'll still use mp3 downloads to "audition" stuff but a local pay service where I know the artist is getting the proceeds would be great. Bit of a worry when i see work by one of the members here freely available on soulseek.

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

Bearshare
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, theres nobody home". I went over, nobody was home.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Russian "legal" music download site are only legal because of a loophole in Russian law. The royalties never make it to the artists. They're still considered illegal in some other countries and they bust people with Russian sourced downloads, don't know about here.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Clarky wrote: Amazon.
Amazon have a few albums that I want and I have an account, but their downloads only seem to be available to Americans (you need to have an american zip code)... seems a bit silly to me.

ash wrote:Russian "legal" music download site are only legal because of a loophole in Russian law. The royalties never make it to the artists. They're still considered illegal in some other countries and they bust people with Russian sourced downloads, don't know about here.
Hmm interesting...

Is there anything you DONT know Adrian? :lol:

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Basket Case wrote:
Amazon have a few albums that I want and I have an account, but their downloads only seem to be available to Americans (you need to have an american zip code)... seems a bit silly to me.
Everything I need to sign up for in the US I use 90210 :lol:
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Some Bozo wrote:
snap :lol:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Ditto.

http://www.mp3.com is overflowing with downloadable stuff, unfortunately most of the free songs are by unsigned/unknown bands. No doubt there's some good tunage there, takes digging though.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

rocklander wrote:
Some Bozo wrote:
snap :lol:
Quite possibly the only educationally useful information ever gleaned from an Aaron Spelling TV show

Marshall
Fender
Fender

Post by Marshall »

raz wrote:How's the local scene for NZ music paid downloads? I've always plundered from the Internet with abandon if they're foreign but tried to buy local stuff if its still available as I know how poor local fulltime musos are. I've also always refused to copy NZ CDs unless they're out of production for other people.

I started using soulseek a while ago and while there's quite a bit of kiwi stuff there, if I like it I'd prefer to pay for it, I'll still use mp3 downloads to "audition" stuff but a local pay service where I know the artist is getting the proceeds would be great. Bit of a worry when i see work by one of the members here freely available on soulseek.
Here's another good NZ site if you want to "give something back" to local artists.

http://www.amplifier.co.nz/
Grind 'til your neighbours go blind