Bass guitarist needed for Lower hutt originals band

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

afiman86
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Bass guitarist needed for Lower hutt originals band

Post by afiman86 »

Hey we need a bass guitarist for our band, someone with the skills to kinda follow/create theyre own bass lines not just what the guitars doing. I spose the music we're doing is classed as alternative, or prog rock. Some knowledge of where notes are on the fretboard would be a plus but ultimately isnt necessary.
Gibson SG standard w/dimarzio super 2 in bridge -> Mesa/boogie subway rocket

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Bass guitarist needed for Lower hutt originals band

Post by Vince »

afiman86 wrote:Hey we need a bass guitarist for our band, someone with the skills to kinda follow/create theyre own bass lines not just what the guitars doing. I spose the music we're doing is classed as alternative, or prog rock. Some knowledge of where notes are on the fretboard would be a plus but ultimately isnt necessary.
Just out of curiosity, "alternative" like who?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

afiman86
Stagg
Stagg

Post by afiman86 »

Vince wrote:
afiman86 wrote:Hey we need a bass guitarist for our band, someone with the skills to kinda follow/create theyre own bass lines not just what the guitars doing. I spose the music we're doing is classed as alternative, or prog rock. Some knowledge of where notes are on the fretboard would be a plus but ultimately isnt necessary.
Just out of curiosity, "alternative" like who?
Yeah im pretty loose with that definition so to me thats kinda "a perfect circle" or something. we have a chick singer so think like, evanescence without scooped mids on the guitar
Gibson SG standard w/dimarzio super 2 in bridge -> Mesa/boogie subway rocket

kejope
Stagg
Stagg

Post by kejope »

Hi. I'm an experienced bass player with many years in the game. I like the rock, blues, jazz and latin jazz sounds. I'm looking for an established covers band in the Lower Hutt/Wellington area. However if you are a top guitarist and looking to put a quality band together or if you're a pub band and looking for a bassist, then contact me. Own gear (5 string, 6 string and 4 string stick) will travel.