Backline in Wellington

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Backline in Wellington

Post by rocklander »

ah, right... as you were then... for a smaller gig, I'd have to agree.. a full PA maybe 5 hand shandy, but even then... I mean, Noel Lamberton has done gigs for us as a sound engineer (himself) + kick @rse PA for 8 hand shandy...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

I have a recto 4x12" cab but no head. If you want to borrow it let me know.

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sambrowne »

robnobcorncob wrote:I have a recto 4x12" cab but no head. If you want to borrow it let me know.
Thanks Rob! That would be great! If we can get half the gear from NZG dudes, that will really take the sting out of it. Obviously free tickets to the show for all concerned!

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

sambrowne wrote:Fair enough I guess Ed, post changed accordingly. Maybe he'll be open to negotiating a bit.
Haha, you could try but somehow I doubt it. While he's basically a pretty decent guy, he can sometimes be a bit difficult to deal with, I know that for certain! :D
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

I dunno how unreasonable the price is, how many of us here would be prepared to part with their gear for a night for $500 to a complete stranger?

How much of that would be insurance against any wannabe Slash types?

Or maybe insurance against a dime-aholic/smash-aholic or irresponsible pisshead and no Sam I'm not thinking you are any of those things. But in renting equipment to musicians that's got to be a constant risk, and having assessed the risk, how are you going to make it worth your while, bearing in mind you then have to make sure anything you rent out is well serviced and fully functional? Surely Sam you of all people understand about profit margins? I am guessing here that one fuckwit smashing/burning/losing/stealing one amp really removes the profit for quite a while.
Tin arse!!

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sambrowne »

Terexgeek wrote:I dunno how unreasonable the price is, how many of us here would be prepared to part with their gear for a night for $500 to a complete stranger?

Or maybe insurance against a dime-aholic/smash-aholic or irresponsible pisshead and no Sam I'm not thinking you are any of those things. But in renting equipment to musicians that's got to be a constant risk, and having assessed the risk, how are you going to make it worth your while, bearing in mind you then have to make sure anything you rent out is well serviced and fully functional? Surely Sam you of all people understand about profit margins? I am guessing here that one fuckwit smashing/burning/losing/stealing one amp really removes the profit for quite a while.
Totally, dude. And yeah people are welcome to charge what they like, and need to make a buck. I have no problem with that whatsoever, it's just going to be a bit of a punisher for this gig, which even before backline hire will barely break even, if that. But yeah I'm sure all of what you mention above is factored into the cost.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Slash trivia tangent: Was Slash actually known for destroying equipment? As far as I know, he never seemed to be overly destructive on stage.

Or is it a case of....
Matt Demise wrote:indiefag stereotyping
!!!!!!!

:lol:

Jokes. Never actually cared about Slash's personal life that much, I'm probably the only Slash uber-fan who hasn't even read the book yet!

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

slash-ed wrote:
Jokes. Never actually cared about Slash's personal life that much, I'm probably the only Slash uber-fan who hasn't even read the book yet!
It's a good book man.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

slash-ed wrote:Slash trivia tangent: Was Slash actually known for destroying equipment? As far as I know, he never seemed to be overly destructive on stage.

Or is it a case of....
Matt Demise wrote:indiefag stereotyping
!!!!!!!

:lol:

Dude I read the book, I was referring to the fact the Slash admitted stealing an amp that was later recovered by the hire company and never seen again, :roll: you should read the book!!!
Tin arse!!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

sambrowne wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:I dunno how unreasonable the price is, how many of us here would be prepared to part with their gear for a night for $500 to a complete stranger?

Totally, dude. And yeah people are welcome to charge what they like, and need to make a buck. I have no problem with that whatsoever, it's just going to be a bit of a punisher for this gig, which even before backline hire will barely break even, if that. But yeah I'm sure all of what you mention above is factored into the cost.
Sounds like the price to book BRD is going up?
Tin arse!!

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

surely the risk factor would be better covered with a security deposit, then charge a more reasonable fee? .. but hey, it's not my game.. just seems pricey when compared to a sound engineer + large PA that I've paid.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Terexgeek wrote: Dude I read the book, I was referring to the fact the Slash admitted stealing an amp that was later recovered by the hire company and never seen again, :roll: you should read the book!!!
Oh right. Yeah, but that was a modded "magic" amp that was so good they're now basing a limited run of Marshalls off it ;)

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Not Mesa/Marshall, but Kenny Duncan has an XTC and an Uber and I think he rents them out.

Kind of like asking for a Nissan and getting a Maserati, but you'll cope, I'm sure.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

slash-ed wrote:
Terexgeek wrote: Dude I read the book, I was referring to the fact the Slash admitted stealing an amp that was later recovered by the hire company and never seen again, :roll: you should read the book!!!
Oh right. Yeah, but that was a modded "magic" amp that was so good they're now basing a limited run of Marshalls off it ;)
Hey Ritesh, that amp I hired; it's magic bro, so I'm keeping it, cheers! :wink:
Tin arse!!

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Most of the time he hangs out at the show and keeps an eye on the gear, so really there's little chance of that. But don't let that stop you from ass.u.me-ing further... ;)