Guitarist, Bass Player, Drummer for Rock Band/Online Collab.

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Guitarist, Bass Player, Drummer for Rock Band/Online Collab.

Post by SixGunLover »

IN BRIEF
I'm not sure there are (m)any musos here on the forum based in Dunedin, but I'm after expressions of interest in starting a rock band to play originals. I play guitar, sing and write tunes. I've been in various covers and originals bands before and have gigging/writing/recording experience. My Soundcloud stuff isn't representative of this project but you're welcome to listen if you'd like.

MUSOS WANTED
I'm looking for a bass player and a drummer as the minimum and potentially a second guitarist. If any of these people had backing vocal or keyboard skills that would be a major plus.

THE MATERIAL
I've got about ten to thirteen or so songs in varying stages of completion but all of which I feel have solid potential. I'd like to bring these to the band, workshop them a bit, play them live and potentially put them on record. I'd also love it if my new bandmates had creative input of their own and would be keen to collaborate.

I use the term "rock" in the title very generally, as I don't really want to put limitations on the bands style. I have broad tastes musically but when I write I'm very much inspired by classic rock, blues rock, hard rock, Brit pop and alternative rock; however I also really enjoy soul, funk, country/alt-country and pop (not modern stuff but sixties/seventies/eighties stuff). Basically I'm big on hooks, riffs and strong melodies and try to incorporate this into my writing.

THE GOAL
Find two or three talented, creative players to form a kickass rock band with a strong focus on songwriting and live performance. Gig regularly. Eventually, take our ten absolute best songs and make an album.

If you're interested or know of anyone who might be feel free to contact me via PM. Thanks for your time.
Last edited by SixGunLover on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Guitarist, Bass Player, Drummer for Rock Band

Post by SixGunLover »

Also very interested in online long-distance collaboration/song-writing/workshopping with anyone who shares similar influences and taste (or lack thereof). It'd be great to have a creative mind to send tracks to and bounce ideas off (and vice versa).

Some specific bands that inspire me or that I like (not even close to an exhaustive list):
AC/DC, Audioslave, The Beatles, Big Star, The Black Keys, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Bruce Springsteen, The Checks, Crowded House, The Eagles, Foo Fighters, Guns N Roses, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Jet, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Kings of Leon, Led Zeppelin, Lenny Kravitz, Neil Young, Oasis, Paul Weller, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Powderfinger, Primal Scream, Queen, Reef, REM, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rolling Stones, Ryan Adams, Semisonic, Sloan, Soundgarden, Stereophonics, Stevie Wonder, Stone Temple Pilots, The Strokes, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Tragically Hip, U2 (Joshua Tree era especially; went off them after a while), The Verve, Weezer, The White Stripes, The Who