Old Farts only....

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Old Farts only....

Post by phoenixash »

I Just turned 50 and I can't afford a sports car so I was hoping if any out there would like to get to together for a jam covers originals don't matter
kinda classic rock blues rock kinda feel I can sing Play gat and write, I have a fair few originals that we can throw in,
jump over to my page and have a listen I live in Lower Hutt and been out of the scene for quite a few years now,
just throwing it out there.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phoenix-a ... 8091127385

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Re: Old Farts only....

Post by slash-ed »

Cool tunes and tones, dude!
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg

Post by phoenixash »

slash-ed wrote:Cool tunes and tones, dude!
Thanks mate.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Discrimination based on age is unlawful.

Oh and happy birthday youngster (my 50th is long gone).
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg

Post by phoenixash »

Conway wrote:Discrimination based on age is unlawful.

HAHAHA yes but I had to let the youngen's know that star jumping to my knees and rolling all over the floor is way past me. and thanks.

Oh and happy birthday youngster (my 50th is long gone).

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

I'd take you up on it (bass, Upper Hutt and I'd been thinking I wouldn't mind being in an electric blues/roots type band) but I'm going to be KO for the next couple of months.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg

Post by phoenixash »

Vince wrote:I'd take you up on it (bass, Upper Hutt and I'd been thinking I wouldn't mind being in an electric blues/roots type band) but I'm going to be KO for the next couple of months.
cool Vince sounds good.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

phoenixash wrote:
Vince wrote:I'd take you up on it (bass, Upper Hutt and I'd been thinking I wouldn't mind being in an electric blues/roots type band) but I'm going to be KO for the next couple of months.
cool Vince sounds good.
I'll PM you my contact details.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg

Post by phoenixash »

Bump...Surely there has to be some dudes in my vintage looking for a jam to start with and maybe to playing a few gigs, Like I said I'm way out of touch with the Welly scene so any imput help would be appreciated infact being an Aussie who moved here some years ago I know nothing about the local scene, I know I don't have much to offer but it might be fun.
cheers Paul

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

phoenixash wrote:Bump...Surely there has to be some dudes in my vintage looking for a jam to start with and maybe to playing a few gigs, Like I said I'm way out of touch with the Welly scene so any imput help would be appreciated infact being an Aussie who moved here some years ago I know nothing about the local scene, I know I don't have much to offer but it might be fun.
cheers Paul
Well, I'm back on my feet anyway.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg

Post by phoenixash »

Vince wrote:
phoenixash wrote:Bump...Surely there has to be some dudes in my vintage looking for a jam to start with and maybe to playing a few gigs, Like I said I'm way out of touch with the Welly scene so any imput help would be appreciated infact being an Aussie who moved here some years ago I know nothing about the local scene, I know I don't have much to offer but it might be fun.
cheers Paul
Well, I'm back on my feet anyway.
Cool Mate great that your alive n kicking .

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg

Post by phoenixash »

OK you younger wise and been around the traps type tell me where would someone my age look for a gig is there any regular places you guys look In Wellington?, I have zero knowledge where to start besides asking here, I'm also an ex Pat Aussie that has lot's of experience just not here, Help an aging Rocker out,
I would love to play some classic British and American Rock or even an original band in that Genre, I have gear Transport and ready to rock.

phoenixash
Stagg
Stagg

Post by phoenixash »

Well chaps I have been asked to join a newly formed band that has a fellow Aussie drummer and 2 locals on guitar and bass, Sorry Vince I will keep you in mind if something else comes along.
it's going to be your classic Rock / Blues covers and a few Originals thrown in, songs like What is and what Should Led Zep, Black Knight Deep Purple, Plush Stone Temple Pilots etc etc, so I am very excited to be playing again, nothing like getting together with a bunch of slighter more mature aging rockers with lots of tall tales from the road you know? so I will keep you guys posted and maybe get to meet some of you chaps at a local gig huh,
so know comes the bloody hard part learning 30-40 songs EGAD.... A little hard for someone with the attention span of a 10 year old wish me luck.
cheers Paul

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2489 times

Post by Slowy »

Good Luck! :thumbup: :D
Have fun.
I'm jealous.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

phoenixash wrote:Sorry Vince I will keep you in mind if something else comes along.
Cheers, dude, but I've been in a new band for a few weeks anyway. Best of luck. :thumbup:

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook