Christchurch guitar lessons (int / adv)?

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times

Christchurch guitar lessons (int / adv)?

Post by twistedthoughts »

Anybody know a good intermediate / advanced guitar teacher in Christchurch. Must understand and be able to practically apply theory. Must be a good guitarist (yes, there are guitar teachers out there who can teach about modes all day but who are actually pretty shit house themselves).

Any ideas?

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Christchurch guitar lessons (int / adv)?

Post by NZRS-Dave »

twistedthoughts wrote:Anybody know a good intermediate / advanced guitar teacher in Christchurch. Must understand and be able to practically apply theory. Must be a good guitarist (yes, there are guitar teachers out there who can teach about modes all day but who are actually pretty shit house themselves).

Any ideas?
Do you know Bryce Pagey? Or Jade Ackroyd?
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

NZRS-Dave wrote:Do you know Bryce Pagey? Or Jade Ackroyd?
Never heard of them...any good?

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

twistedthoughts wrote:
NZRS-Dave wrote:Do you know Bryce Pagey? Or Jade Ackroyd?
Never heard of them...any good?
Jade is phenomenal but really quiet. Bryce is very good with theory application and plays in Misfits as well as Branded.

The downside is that I don't know where you're at with your playing to be able to confidently recommend one or the other ... actually I'd go with Jade because if you were better than him I think I would know about it. I think that jade is more technical and a better player ... Bryce is more hands on / playing live every week etc.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

NZRS-Dave wrote:Jade is phenomenal but really quiet. Bryce is very good with theory application and plays in Misfits as well as Branded.

The downside is that I don't know where you're at with your playing to be able to confidently recommend one or the other ... actually I'd go with Jade because if you were better than him I think I would know about it. I think that jade is more technical and a better player ... Bryce is more hands on / playing live every week etc.
Jade sounds like the one for me then. I pretty much want someone who is significantly better than me. Can you PM me his details?

spasm6
Ashton
Ashton

Post by spasm6 »

Hi Twisted,

I'm 21 and currently teaching and gigging fulltime in Chch and about to start my 3rd year at CPIT Jazz School.
I always try and teach grounded in practical theory no matter what age or level (from year 10 shredders at Burnside High School's after-school programme to adult students learning their first chords)

My mobile numbers 027366471 if you're keen to chat about it!
Manny :D
AXES | Ibanez AS-103BM
FX | Sonic Research Turbo Tuner > AMT Japanese Girl Wah > Jetter Jetdrive > CMAT Mods Analog Chorus > Way Huge Supa-puss Analog Delay
AMP | Blackstar HT-20