The Kerouac Effect, Wellington Mid-March

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

The Kerouac Effect, Wellington Mid-March

Post by Vince »

The situation is this: every year, around the world, poets and musicians pair off to produce about 6-15 minutes of some performable stuff on Jack Kerouac's birthday (he of "On The Road"). There's no real "rules" as such. It can be any type of thing, some poets sing, some don't.

This evening was the hat draw and a bunch of musician type people that were meant to turn up and participate, did not.

So we need about five or six people ASAP that would be interested in producing some performable music with some poets. In mid march.

Any takers? :)
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: The Kerouac Effect, Wellington Mid-March

Post by Vince »

Oh, and PM for contact details, etc. if you're interested.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

Had the BEST time!

One of the muso people pulled out a week before the gig and I sort of volunteered to cover for her. So I did two mini-sets, one on acoustic bass, one on electric bass. Two different poets, so I tried to have two completely different styles. Chorusey "Mwah" stuff on electric, loud and rattly on acoustic. Great response from ppl, which is always nice. Got to using slide on the electric, which I always enjoy doing. Acoustic set was kind of weird, sound guy obviously decided I didn't need foldback. Should have put my hand up after the first piece. Like a dork, I didn't.

Will probably turn thing with 2nd poet (girl who's really very good at writing) into some sort of permanent band thing of some sort. I've always hated being "(just) the bass player" this will be more like playing solo bass, which I've always wanted to do. All I want now is a percussionist.

So my plans to achieve shredder world domination are probably on the shelf. Fair enough, there was no way I was going to manage "Arpeggios From Hell" anyway. :lol:

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

I was quite impressed with what I heard you playing on guitar on sunday 8) :thumbup:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

Ironbird13 wrote:I was quite impressed with what I heard you playing on guitar on sunday 8) :thumbup:
Wow, cheers! Thanks very much. :D The Jackson has improved my playing in leaps and bounds. It's not just the build quality, it's just such a fun guitar to play, what with the massive bends and all.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook