Calling all Lead Guitarists!

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Calling all Lead Guitarists!

Post by Vince »

Polar Bear wrote:Ha! I always think of the Stones, where they both don't play lead really...
Yeah, I tend to think in Stones like terms where both guitarists trade roles constantly.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

slash-ed wrote:Most bands with two guitarists are a good example of such a dynamic.
Yeah, like the Foo Fighters and Iron Maiden and... no, wait...
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Vince wrote:On another tack... odd, being a "lead guitarist". Do many of you guys have "lead" and "rhythm" guitarists or do you just take turns, depending on the song?
Depends on the song for my lot. I'm referred to as the 'rhythm' player but I play a more lead riffs etc on our newer stuff solely based on the fact I write the bulk of songs and it's easier for me to convey ideas I have written. Also, I use a lot more variety of FX than my 'lead' player does (he's got quite a 'dry' sound - amp gain, a lead boost pedal and some light 'verb) so it really comes down to what the song requires.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

jumpingtam
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by jumpingtam »

Katastrophic wrote:We are on the search to find a lead guitarist, to be a part of something great!

Currently, we have one exceptional singer/songwriter, called Katastrophic, and me the manager.

Katastrophic, has currently been performing by herself on the guitar, but we have decided that we need an exceptional guitarist to add to the mix. Folk with a shot of Rock and Roll and a twist of the blues is our tune, with many original songs and covers being performed. This year, we are planning on creating some more great music, make some money and have an excitingly awesome year!

Katastrophic is playing at a festival in February, so if we can find our exceptional guitarist 'tout de suite', then you will have an opportunity, to play in front of a couple of hundred people straight off the bat!!

So ideally, our exceptional guitarist, will have great guitar skills, a love for all things music, laid back, friendly, sociable, and preferably a little eccentric (in a good way).

If this sounds like you, please give me (Tash) a call/txt on 021 02628308 or send me an email natasha.lee.prendergast@gmail.com.
Can't find anything on the Net about a female guitar player "Katastrophic"?
nothing to see here

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

From rummaging around in FB, her actual name is Katherine Twyford. I think it has a nicer ring.

https://www.facebook.com/katherine.twyford
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

FACEBOOK STALKING!!!!! :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

jeremyb wrote:FACEBOOK STALKING!!!!! :mrgreen:
Kinda... I was curious to see whether her manager was actually the singer herself. They're not (unless she's gone to a LOT of trouble) but one thing led to another.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook