Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Posts: 52
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by chrisz »

Hi all,
I’m looking for jamming mates in Auckland as well..
My name is Chris, I’m on my mid 40s. Looking for musicians to jam with, not necessarily to form a band/go for gigs but if we reach there might be nice.
I’m into 70s Classic Rock/Blues mostly and I really need to play a bit ACDC. I might have some ideas as well.
I can play rhythm guitar at least, some basic solos. My singing is limited . So, drummer and bass would be essential for a start.
I use to book a rehearsal room in the city sometimes for practice (which I’ll do this coming week).
Feel free to message me to join.
Cheers

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 43451
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 2277 times
Been liked: 4008 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by Bg »

bit limited at the moment due to lockdown but I guess when we're on alert level 2 it'll be better...
I could be keen, I can do bass or lead or vocals and sometimes two at the same time - not the bass and guitar thing but either with vox.
Hoping to have my transport sorted next couple of weeks too, waiting for the garage to fit me in.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by chrisz »

Bg wrote:bit limited at the moment due to lockdown but I guess when we're on alert level 2 it'll be better...
I could be keen, I can do bass or lead or vocals and sometimes two at the same time - not the bass and guitar thing but either with vox.
Hoping to have my transport sorted next couple of weeks too, waiting for the garage to fit me in.
Cool, thanks. We’ll get in touch in a few days when things get better. I might be able to pick you up as well if you don’t have huge amp..

User avatar
vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by vyfster »

If you're looking for another guitarist I'd be keen. I'm East Auckland. Also in my 40's (40's is the new 20's right!? RIGHT!?)

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 43451
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 2277 times
Been liked: 4008 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by Bg »

chrisz wrote:
Bg wrote:bit limited at the moment due to lockdown but I guess when we're on alert level 2 it'll be better...
I could be keen, I can do bass or lead or vocals and sometimes two at the same time - not the bass and guitar thing but either with vox.
Hoping to have my transport sorted next couple of weeks too, waiting for the garage to fit me in.
Cool, thanks. We’ll get in touch in a few days when things get better. I might be able to pick you up as well if you don’t have huge amp..
I have amps of all shapes and sizes. Bass wise though it'll be a headrush powered speaker and a helix LT.
Or ampeg and genz-benz.... Should be back on the road shortly anyway, just waiting for next pay day.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 43451
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 2277 times
Been liked: 4008 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by Bg »

vyfster wrote:If you're looking for another guitarist I'd be keen. I'm East Auckland. Also in my 40's (40's is the new 20's right!? RIGHT!?)
East Aucks is handy, I'm in Remmers
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by chrisz »

vyfster wrote:If you're looking for another guitarist I'd be keen. I'm East Auckland. Also in my 40's (40's is the new 20's right!? RIGHT!?)
Should be correct about the 40s, yes. Actually, one guitarist in 40s is worth two in 20s..
We’ll keep in touch. I’m East Auckland as well.
Is there any rehearsal room East? The closest I know is Penrose (which is not too bad really).

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by chrisz »

Bg wrote:
I have amps of all shapes and sizes. Bass wise though it'll be a headrush powered speaker and a helix LT.
Or ampeg and genz-benz.... Should be back on the road shortly anyway, just waiting for next pay day.
Any should be fine. Sounds like you are living in a big house..

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 43451
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 2277 times
Been liked: 4008 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by Bg »

not really, I'm just deaf and bloody noisy
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

User avatar
RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Posts: 938
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Westie
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

I am keen for a jam and can play drums. I am in West Auckland/ North Shore vicinity.
Greenstone Amplifiers

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2983
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1779 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by KNNZ »

hey Chris! Keon here, I jammed with you before! I played the drums, unfortunately it's too far for me to drive for practices, might have better luck finding musos closer to you here!
Last edited by KNNZ on Mon May 11, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by chrisz »

RobRoyMcCoy wrote:I am keen for a jam and can play drums. I am in West Auckland/ North Shore vicinity.
Ok, cool. I'm on the other side of the city but we might negotiate a place. Lets keep in touch to arrange something shortly after.. Thursday.

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by chrisz »

KNNZ wrote:hey Chris! Keon here, I jammed with you before! I played the drums, unfortunately it's too far for me to drive for practices, might have better luck finding musos closer to you here!
Hi Keon, good to hear from you. We might try again some time and find more convenient place. Cheers
Last edited by chrisz on Tue May 12, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3410
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:23 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 361 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by jimi »

Another 40 something with a bass or guitar and keen for a jam here.

My singing is pretty awful, but have a microphone and happy to use that too.

I’m just down the street from BG, so can provide wheels if there’s space in the old man jam room.

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Jamming mates in Auckland 2

Post by chrisz »

jimi wrote:Another 40 something with a bass or guitar and keen for a jam here.

My singing is pretty awful, but have a microphone and happy to use that too.

I’m just down the street from BG, so can provide wheels if there’s space in the old man jam room.
Welcome to the club Jimi, cheers. We will get organized soon

Post Reply