No more tabs for you matey!

Post your tabs!

Moderator: Capt. Black

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Sicklehut »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Well, I only really bothered to learn how to read tab about a year ago...normally just learn the song from the recording...usually also downloaded...hah

I really believe these media companies think they are on a crusade for the good of all men - quite frankly, they have got it very wrong. I have an excellent RIAA parody comic picture which is simply too offensive to post...but I laugh out loud every time I read it...
Go on .. post it ... I doubt it can be too offensive here 8)
I woke up this morning and said to myself
Self what a great day it is for Rock and Roll ...

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton

Post by malevolentsparkle »

first they took all the lyrics off tab and chord files and now this. speaking of which; does this apply to chord files as well as tabs? after all you cant copyright a chord progression!
'71 Epiphone EA-250 (JP) or 84' Ibanez Roadstar II -> MXR Super Comp Compressor -> Ernie Ball VPjr -> Bluesberry Hotcake -> Visual Sound H2O V3 Chorus/Delay -> MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay -> '68 Jansen Bassman 50 -> Carvin 2x12 Celestion Seventy80 Cab

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Why would I pay $60 - $80 for a tab book when I could get it for free and have it playing with drums and bass?

Tab books are a complete rip off anyway. This lawsuit is BS.

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

I find tab books are much better than free tabs, but I like free tabs for getting the feel of a song to decide if I want to learn it more.

mxtabs.net seems to have changed into some sort of music review site???? (not sure if that was their intention all along or whether its just a quickly hurried thing in light of possible threats for having tabs on their site)

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

I'm not talking about ASCI tabs I only use Guitar Pro or power tab.

offender
Gretsch

Post by offender »

AH right, I didn't realise. Ultimate guitar still has guitarpro tabs on the site. How much is Guitar Pro these days?

Optimus_prime
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Optimus_prime »

Free if you have limewire

lucky13sp

Post by lucky13sp »

Limewire can be quite useful sometimes, everytime at startup it asks me to 'upgrade to limewire pro' i always click later, and i eventually used limewire to download a free copy of limewire pro :P

Optimus_prime
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Optimus_prime »

same here
Irony in it's sunday best

Imbalance
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Imbalance »

Haha yeah, i torrented a GP5 which is good. I can't get over how much they are overacting with this. I suppose i'll just have to ear out my songs from now on, but it's always good to cross reference with a tab and see if you've made mistakes or if they have.
Reaching out to embrace the random, reaching out to embrace what ever may come.

humphreybear
Ashton
Ashton

Post by humphreybear »

I tab the songs out myself but making that illegal is just a load of rubbish and making it illegal isn't going to stop people from doing it!

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

As long as I have my EARS I will be sweet.

I learnt treble clef in brass bands. I learnt tab as a bass player. I learnt (some) music theory in a year at polytech with Rik Bernards. But my ears have always been the best source for musical understanding.
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Tabs are basically musos helping other musos. They serve no other purpose.

I suppose if Tsuken shows me one of his Vai riffs, he's in copyright breach and we'll both end up in jail?
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...