Satchurator Demo Clip

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Satchurator Demo Clip

Post by crushing day »

Heres a little clip of me flailing around on the Satchurator the other night. :)

The setup is JS1 --> Satchurator --> POD XT (set on JCM900 Clean setting with delay) --> Garageband (reverb, a little comp and eq).
Backing Track is a section of 'The Animal' off of the Passion and Warfare Naked Backing Tracks (thanks Gelato :) )

The first section of the take is volume backed off on the guitar, and then wound full on for the rest of the clip. The settings on the pedal are Gain (Full) Tone (just above 9 oclock) Vol (1 oclock).

The pedal doesn't sit well with all amp models on the POD, and also needs to be paired with the right amp settings for real world use. Its a very cool pedal, once you get your head around how it will and won't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Re: Satchurator Demo Clip

Post by crushing day »

Also meant to say the pedal does respond extremely well to vol rolloff on the guitar :)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

Sounds sweet mate. It really does scream Satch. Nice playing too!
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

How does it sound with the clean channel of the JSX? Does it have anything on the crunch and ultra channels?

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Super tasty 8)

That's a very Satch-like tone (not all that surprising with the gear you used ;)), and really nice playing man :D
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

mega-niceness 8) - playing and tone
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by dayl »

ooo.. sweet as all round.

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

Basket Case wrote:How does it sound with the clean channel of the JSX? Does it have anything on the crunch and ultra channels?
Gelato's got the JSX and has been using it with the Satchurator .. he should chime in here :)

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Sicklehut »

Booooootiful 8)
I woke up this morning and said to myself
Self what a great day it is for Rock and Roll ...

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

crushing day wrote:
Basket Case wrote:How does it sound with the clean channel of the JSX? Does it have anything on the crunch and ultra channels?
Gelato's got the JSX and has been using it with the Satchurator .. he should chime in here :)
That'll be me then! The Satchurator plays really nicely with the clean channel on the JSX. You have to do some wacky things to the pedal though, some of the worst tones are with all the pedals controls at 12 o'clock. Backing the tone off to around 10 o'clock is certainly the first thing to do, otherwise the fizz is a bit too much. And it likes having the volume control quite high as well. But great tones can be had from it.

It's a different sound to the crunch and ultra channels, I don't think it's necessarily trying to emulate those channels, but there are some similarities. I'm not a big fan of the ultra channel anyways, but I really like the crunch channel. You can get a nice in-between the crunch and ultra channel, high gain lead tone, with the clean channel of the JSX and the Satchurator with the 'more' button engaged.

Oh, and the louder you have the amps master volume, the better the pedal sounds (well, certainly up to about 6.5 when blood starts escaping from your ears :twisted:)
My web site
My band's site

Clarky
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Clarky »

Very, very nice playing and tone.

I too enjoy playing through a Satchurator, and once the Tone is backed off (I run at about 9 o'clock) it can be tonal bliss.
Konx om Pax

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

That sounds awesome....*quietly turns off own amp, puts guitar back in case*
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

The thing i find odd about the satchurator is that anything above 12 o'clock on the tone knob makes the pedal 'unuseable' imo.

12 oclock is about the most extreme tone setting i could imagine using. 9 - 10 o'clock appears to be the 'sweet spot' as far as getting a good tonal balance, and i know Joe's setting is also around this point...so i wonder why this wasn't made a mid 12 o'clock point ?, with less drastic tonal sweep overall?. i can't see a need for anything above 12 oclock on the pedal as it stands, unless you are trying to emulate a Peavey Rage with the treble on full :?

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Sounds special, great playing as always.

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

crushing day wrote:The thing i find odd about the satchurator is that anything above 12 o'clock on the tone knob makes the pedal 'unuseable' imo.

12 oclock is about the most extreme tone setting i could imagine using. 9 - 10 o'clock appears to be the 'sweet spot' as far as getting a good tonal balance, and i know Joe's setting is also around this point...so i wonder why this wasn't made a mid 12 o'clock point ?, with less drastic tonal sweep overall?. i can't see a need for anything above 12 oclock on the pedal as it stands, unless you are trying to emulate a Peavey Rage with the treble on full :?
Maybe they thought people really did like the sound of a stock DS-1 ;)

I don't get it either. I can't imagine a guitar/amp combo that would need that much treble to be added. I think someone should try the pedal with a Tele through a solid state amp. :twisted:
My web site
My band's site