Danny Gatton/Roy Buchanan style playing

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Danny Gatton/Roy Buchanan style playing

Post by Mini Forklift »

Playing around with my Matrix amp this morning and coaxed a kinda Tele-style sound out of my Vintage 'LP'. Through this particular amp and knocked into the bridge position it's pretty twangy.

One of my resolutions for this year apart from generally just playing more was to diversify my playing and knowledge around the fretboard; listening to these couple of guys for the last week makes me realise I've got so much work to do and learn - exciting though :?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Danny Gatton/Roy Buchanan style playing

Post by Molly »

Twang-tastic!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Twangdemonium!
You clever little Motherplucker.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

:thumbup: i like that
and i love that Lp you got
:mental:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Thanks guys. I like the tone I can get with that amp, can't quite get that twangy 'Tele' tone with my other amps for whatever reason. I have sooo many bad habits, trying to clean them up and not be such a messy player; I know that's largely going to be me getting serious with the practice/learning rather than just noodling over the same stuff, patterns etc.

As a sidenote I watched this video this morning, well worth checking out if you appreciate your vintage gear...

Those kind of free-falling pull-offs combined with open strings starting at 0:27 is something I want to try and master (somewhat).
Last edited by Mini Forklift on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakuarius102
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by sakuarius102 »

It's pretty twangy Danny, but very short audio :sarc:

Regards !