Optimus_prime wrote:I wasn't really having a go at him
but sometimes people take it a little
too far, I've known people who do it
and it's not really something to joke around
about because it's very serious plus it touches
on suicide which is also not something to shit around
about, human life and mental well being isn't
really a big joke
Yeah, but it's also become 'cool' to have scars on your wrist because of the whole "oh god I'm so fricken emo, my life sucks, I hate my parents" idea, Which is why it's fun to mock emos about it. They don't do it because they're in pain, or suicidal.. They do it because it looks "cool" to have scars and makes their life look.. "pseudo-shit" :lol:
Live love leave eat sandwiches

machina
Tokai
Tokai

Post by machina »

TBB Flamey wrote:
really a big joke
Yeah, but it's also become 'cool' to have scars on your wrist because of the whole "oh god I'm so fricken emo, my life sucks, I hate my parents" idea, Which is why it's fun to mock emos about it. They don't do it because they're in pain, or suicidal.. They do it because it looks "cool" to have scars and makes their life look.. "pseudo-shit" :lol:

Yep, I would have to agree that the vast majority of what we commonly refer to as emos that cut themselves are doing it to fullfill their shitty image/lifestyle which is purely aesthetic. How ironic, that they're trying to be so full of integrity with something so superficial. Regarding serious incidents of self mutilation; I was the friend being called up when I was 15 at all hours of the night to go and see my friend who was doing it to himself. So I know all too well what the real circumstances are. Regarding the false pieces of shit though that hang out in shitty depressing groups on Queen St (or, even cooler and more alt and dark: K'Road...yeah right) and get in my way: there's no way I'm going to give them the attention that they're so desperately seeking. Way to fuel the fire. As for the joking around, how often do we joke around on this board about being drunk? It seems carefree and fun (which it is), but if we were to look at everything in life in the same light that's been cast on this topic, then holy shit! Didn't you fucking know man that alcoholism is a serious issue with some people in this world?! Didn't you fucking know that it wrecks lives, man?

Seriously people, let's just have fun in this life and not get caught up with such trivial bullshit. Suffering and life go hand in hand. Get used to it.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

bc_rich_ wrote:wasnt my aunty, it was urs :lol: 8) :wink:
heheh.... BURRNed!! :mrgreen:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

iggy pop was emo?
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

philipnz wrote:iggy pop was emo?
:lol:

The Father of Emo

;)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

machina wrote:
TBB Flamey wrote:
really a big joke
Yep, I would have to agree that the vast majority of what we commonly refer to as emos that cut themselves are doing it to fullfill their shitty image/lifestyle which is purely aesthetic. How ironic, that they're trying to be so full of integrity with something so superficial. Regarding serious incidents of self mutilation; I was the friend being called up when I was 15 at all hours of the night to go and see my friend who was doing it to himself. So I know all too well what the real circumstances are. Regarding the false pieces of shit though that hang out in shitty depressing groups on Queen St (or, even cooler and more alt and dark: K'Road...yeah right) and get in my way: there's no way I'm going to give them the attention that they're so desperately seeking. Way to fuel the fire. As for the joking around, how often do we joke around on this board about being drunk? It seems carefree and fun (which it is), but if we were to look at everything in life in the same light that's been cast on this topic, then holy shit! Didn't you fucking know man that alcoholism is a serious issue with some people in this world?! Didn't you fucking know that it wrecks lives, man?

Seriously people, let's just have fun in this life and not get caught up with such trivial bullshit. Suffering and life go hand in hand. Get used to it.

You're on it... no-one is truly a safe haven here.. My brother died of alcoholism and drug abuse a few years ago..... the worst thing, it was his round and I had to get to his wallet...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

CustomAudioBoutique wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:cool :D
No blzgk, thtz 'Col'
Will also accept "c00l", and, in some cases "kewl"
Dude that is so last decade :P
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

TBB Flamey
Gibson

Post by TBB Flamey »

bluesgeek wrote:
machina wrote:
TBB Flamey wrote: Yeah, but it's also become 'cool' to have scars on your wrist because of the whole "oh god I'm so fricken emo, my life sucks, I hate my parents" idea, Which is why it's fun to mock emos about it. They don't do it because they're in pain, or suicidal.. They do it because it looks "cool" to have scars and makes their life look.. "pseudo-shit" :lol:

You're on it... no-one is truly a safe haven here.. My brother died of alcoholism and drug abuse a few years ago..... the worst thing, it was his round and I had to get to his wallet...
:lol: I see what you did there :lol:
Live love leave eat sandwiches

humphreybear
Ashton
Ashton

Post by humphreybear »

machina wrote:Reminds me of a joke:

I wish my lawn was emo, then it would cut itself.
i have that t-shirt
I smell Bacon, I smell Pork, look out little piggy, I have a fork!

humphreybear
Ashton
Ashton

Post by humphreybear »

Capt. Black wrote:
No blzgk, thtz 'Col'
its nt col its now either kol or kewl weird eh
I smell Bacon, I smell Pork, look out little piggy, I have a fork!

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

humphreybear wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:
No blzgk, thtz 'Col'
its nt col its now either kol or kewl weird eh
:lol:

The youngest person I know still texts me col. She's well hot so I'll stick with that until further notice. ;)

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

Unless she's calling you Col. as in "the Colonel" :wink:
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Or Col Carpenter...
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Or Col Joye...