Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Reconsider Baby

Post by Bg »

Just a quick one, testing out the Fuzzie Bro FB-171 ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Nice slowhand.

Thats a sweet pedal.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Great singing. The exactness of your guitar work I am impressed by too. Great singing.

Great singing. Hmmm. Did I say that already?
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

cheers guys, yeah its a great pedal - gave it the required dirtiness even through a POD :eek: Took to practice tonight and I've decided I need some hendrix in my arsenal - it just screams purple haze at me!

and you really liked the singing? I'm trying to find my own voice (but I'm stuck with the one I've got) :lol:
Last edited by Bg on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Mate - you've been working on the singing, haven't you? Really good stuff. Cool guitar tone too - very good ad for the Fuzzie Bro - you should charge him for that ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by bobiron »

Nice track there BG. What is a Fuzzy Bro FT-171? I googled this and got nothing. Your singing remained me of SRV.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Its the Bluesgeek signature series pedal, made by mr Fuzziebro. It has gain, volume, tone and a bias pot for the germanium transistor - I'll leave it to Prof. Black to explain what that's for ;)

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

germanium transistors are basically leftover flower power girls who used to be boys, if you know what I mean. Distinguished by scraggy long hair, sandals, paisley shirts and high voices... and a tendency to remember fondly Hendrix and the Mamas and Papas while they protest about 'th' Man'.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Really nice vocals and playing BG. Nice song too. And of course, damn fine sounding pedal.

The bias pot is there to compensate for any untoward tendancies one might exhibit in your playing/opinions/personality/lifestyles choices.
tsuken wrote:... very good ad for the Fuzzie Bro - you should charge him for that...
.... or pay him. :P ;)

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Another big thumbs up on the vocals and guitar work BG, sounding great 8)
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

Simonski
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Simonski »

its very gary mooreish vocal i like it :D what guitar did you use?
THIS SPACE IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO LEASE Call 555-7226633 to lease

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Maaaattte!!

That's great stuff, BG.

Maybe I'll have to try to kill kenny too, if that's what it does for ya!! :)
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Simonski wrote:its very gary mooreish vocal i like it :D what guitar did you use?
yup.. I could hear the gary in there too.. nicely suiting the song too.. good stuff... course, you could have used some duct tape in there somewhere..
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by bobiron »

bluesgeek wrote:Its the Bluesgeek signature series pedal, made by mr Fuzziebro. It has gain, volume, tone and a bias pot for the germanium transistor - I'll leave it to Prof. Black to explain what that's for ;)
Thanks that clears up the fuzzieness I had around this pedal. Is the circuit based on the fuzz face?
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Capt. Black »

bobiron wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:Its the Bluesgeek signature series pedal, made by mr Fuzziebro. It has gain, volume, tone and a bias pot for the germanium transistor - I'll leave it to Prof. Black to explain what that's for ;)
Thanks that clears up the fuzzieness I had around this pedal. Is the circuit based on the fuzz face?
I think it's a FuzzieBro original. He often makes reference to known classics to give people an idea of what to expect but more often than not the pedals are not the same at all. Now and then he'll do a clone for the hell of it and he'll say so. Sometimes they'll be based on a classic circuit with some interesting variations on the theme. But have a talk to Paul/FuzzieBro and you'll see he's more interested in developing his own pedal designs than simply knocking out clones.
The main thing is Paul uses NOS components wherever possible because he likes the sound characteristics of them. He's fully into blues guitar a la Hendrix et al and he's crazy for fuzzzzzzzzzzz. Ergo, the pedals will, by nature, sound very vintage. :D