Mr Bungle
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Anyone like bass guitars?

Post by Mr Bungle »

I like bass guitars. I just can’t play bass guitars.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 285 times

Post by Kev77 »

Doesn’t stop me
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 1445 times

Post by robthemac »

I don't like bass guitars. But this really lights my fire.

https://intl.ishibashi.co.jp/products/05-2800002313225
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:50 pm I don't like bass guitars. But this really lights my fire.

https://intl.ishibashi.co.jp/products/05-2800002313225
Man you use expensive kindling!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 260 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

I've become a total Greco Geek!

This one is an absolute darling! She's been around the block a few times, which just adds to the mojo. Plays like butter, as all Greco's seem to, and I think she is mostly intact, though I will look under the hood later this week and see if the pickup's are the originals.

I have added the Fender covers, sacrilege I know, but I doubt I'd ever find a Greco set - with the embossed G.

A big thanks to Slowly for picking it up and freighting it down to me. Hope you fingers getting better mate 🤕
Attachments
IMG_20240512_144515_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240512_144515_HDR.jpg (4.01 MiB) Viewed 789 times
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

Looking Good!
Glad it made it OK. I always worry but NZ Couriers seem to do a good job. They're certainly fast; next day delivery.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

crowbgood1 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:55 pm I've become a total Greco Geek!

This one is an absolute darling! She's been around the block a few times, which just adds to the mojo. Plays like butter, as all Greco's seem to, and I think she is mostly intact, though I will look under the hood later this week and see if the pickup's are the originals.

I have added the Fender covers, sacrilege I know, but I doubt I'd ever find a Greco set - with the embossed G.

A big thanks to Slowly for picking it up and freighting it down to me. Hope you fingers getting better mate 🤕
dibs!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1026 times
Been liked: 2513 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:27 pm

dibs!
It's nice! Slinky and punchy sounding. Conscience didn't allow me to hang on to it for the week it would have taken to borrow a bass amp but it's a very good thing.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 838 times
Been liked: 1357 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Heck yes!
That’s epic. Congrats. Dig the hardware

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I saw some Greco basses in Japan and was rather tempted!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Picked myself up a Sterling Sub Ray 4 today, in lovely sea foam green, will get pics tomorrow when the light is better, neck feels really nice with the satin finish, just like the higher end EB guitars I’ve played… just need to drop the action a touch and she’ll be a runner!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Preamps, if you use one on your pedalboard is having one in your bass therefore redundant? especially if its of far lower quality?

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 675 times
Been liked: 574 times

Post by TmcB »

jeremyb wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:54 pm Preamps, if you use one on your pedalboard is having one in your bass therefore redundant? especially if its of far lower quality?
Depends – preamp on the board is set and forget. The one on your bass is much more likely to be adjusted in the heat of battle.
In all honesty though, I would go preamp on pedal board over preamp on bass. You can use it with more instruments and get tubes etc. I like to use them as little amps in boxes.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz