Small CLONE volume drop - SORRY

Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Pakehendrix
Big Muff
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Small CLONE volume drop - SORRY

Post by Pakehendrix »

Yo, so I have my small clone in an FX loop using the Barge Concepts VFB-2. The other pedal in the loop is a Little Big Muff. I have the blend on about half.

But when I engage the Small Clone (on its own) there's a rather large volume drop...is it likely to be because of the blend? (I know very little about such things) or is it likely to be that the Clone shouldn't be in the FX loop?
Last edited by Pakehendrix on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Re: Small Stone - volume drop

Post by Ironbird13 »

i got the Small Stone, and it has a percieved volume drop, but i think most of it is cause it comes on through a sweep where the volume is dipping anyway (if you understand what i mean :oops: )
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Pakehendrix
Big Muff

Post by Pakehendrix »

I'd noticed the volume drop before (Edit - this was before I had it in the effects loop) but it wasn't big, and on a clean channel its hard to notice. But this is quite a big one - I'll be quite loud in the mix and then suddenly cant hear me under the guitar

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

the smallstone is widely recognised as having volume drop issues.
there's a number of sites (google it) that offer solutions for it, although I applied a few on my 'perdieta' (tonepad small stone clone) and it still has wicked volume drop.. so I built the tonepad ross phaser clone and it's muchos better.. the phase45 clone also appears to be a good stable phaser (asin , little or no vol drop) but I like the regen addition on the :D ross
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass