Acoustic Bass find

Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Zakk Wylde
Bourbon soaked 6-string demon
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Zakk Wylde »

To answer your statement... Yes. We all want an acoustic bass.

How cool would it be to jam without a drummer, and without the 15" 300w bass screwing your innards.

Very Cool 8)

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

To answer your statement... Roger has never wanted an ABG or an AUB.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

I'm intrigued to know how they strut them without the risk of the top caving in - the old doghouse bass had fairly thick tops as did the bush band tea chest (Contray to rumour the overseas PG Tips tea chests don't have *rareuniquewowawsome* tone)

The bass strings are fairly thick and on electric bass (my only point of camparison - have fiddled with accoustic in a shop but a long time ago) under some tension so you'd wonder what the likely life span of accoustic basses like the Eko one would be?
You can't do THAT on stage!

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Most acoustic basses I've seen have A-frame bracing like an archtop guitar. This system gives plenty of longitudinal stiffness and strength to hold the heavy string tension. Some have a fairly lightweight looking X brace system, which looks rather flimsy to me. They seem to survive nonetheless. I'm sure google can tell us the respective total tensile loads on bass and guitar strings... I might look if no-one else does first ;)
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand