Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: First bass guitar

Post by Ironbird13 »

Rog wrote:There's a difference??
dont make me come up ther and slap you, I now know where you live :wink:
of course theres a difference, i listen to Metal,
these youngins listen to nu-metal, with there drop tunings and boosted mids :roll:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I now know where you live
Riffles!!
Oi, that's my line!! :lol: :lol:
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

Rog wrote:
I now know where you live
Riffles!!
Oi, that's my line!! :lol: :lol:
well go and tell my ISP that i've violated copywrong laws and shut me down :P
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Brett7777

Post by Brett7777 »

well as long as he can get reasonable resale on the bcrich when he realizes he wants a real bass :)

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

that bc rich is slur on their once proud legacy.I agree with timi,get a sx p bass copy,cheap and good for the money.

mop
Fender
Fender
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mop »

Now whats all this bagging "nu metal" about. I just call all forms of metal metal, metalcore nu metal speed metal melodic death metal blah blah blah. I listen to it all pretty much, including some "nu metal" bands like disturbed, korn and soad and I just lump it all together and call it metal.
Slipknot have their own category that I call "9 people making noise", I don't mind before I forget and duality but thats as far as I go.
If it's rock I call it rock, if its metal I call it metal, if its anything else I call it shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mostly I play old metallica covers (standard tuning AND scooped mids there you go ironbird :lol: ) and almost never drop tune or even tune down but I must admit I was learning down with the sickness just now and discovering I kinda need thicker strings for drop c# :lol:
We will be playing lots of metallica (hopefully :lol: ) along with any of the other music we listen to (metal,rock) and have the ability to play (no children of bodom yet I don't think).
I reckon p basses look shit too tbh. But I don't like teles or strats or most les pauls either so maybe I don't count :lol:

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

see i used to think they looked shit too,but then 99% of those wacky angular shapes in your price range sound fukkin awful.ltd springs to mind......as much as i hate ibanez gats they make some pretty good basses.sold my atk300 for 600$,that was a damn fine bass.

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

mop wrote:(standard tuning AND scooped mids there you go ironbird :lol: )
thats the way :wink:
mop wrote:I reckon p basses look shit too tbh. But I don't like teles or strats either so maybe I don't count :lol:
theres hope for you yet :wink: :lol: :lol:

mop
Fender
Fender

Post by mop »

I've had a ltd viper 50 for a year (sg kinda shape) and i've got no complaints considering it was $500 new. As ash said earlier it has to make you want to pick it up, but sound is important too so I think hopefully we'll find a balance between not looking shit and not sounding shit.
I'm not usually a fan of most bc rich gats as I think most are way over the top shape wise but then I've never played one so I won't judge just yet. I think we're going for a trip to rs and music works on sat to check out the options.

Theres actually not many nu metal bands about these days...
It kind of peaked in the 90's didn't it. soad arent together, korn only hav 3 people left and were way better with the original 5, linkin park are shit now, disturbed is it really and they're kinda nu metal/hard rock i suppose.
Metalcore seems to be rather popular now (KSE atr unearth etc), and lamb of god, chimaira etc whatever subgenre they go in.
This is why I call it all metal ,it's too confusing otherwise as theres so many subgenres and most bands fit into lots of them or none of them :lol: .

danrawkz
PRS
PRS

Post by danrawkz »

Nu-metal is a form of metal. The ones who claim otherwise just have a music superiority complex goin' on

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

danrawkz wrote:The ones who claim otherwise just have a music superiority complex goin' on
well yeah :wink: :P

when i first started listing to metal you only had Hair Metal, Heavy Metal, Speed/Thrash Metal and Death Metal. then in the '90s all these othe genres showed up :roll:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

Ironbird13 wrote:
mop wrote:(standard tuning AND scooped mids there you go ironbird :lol: )
thats the way :wink:
mop wrote:I reckon p basses look shit too tbh. But I don't like teles or strats either so maybe I don't count :lol:
theres hope for you yet :wink: :lol: :lol:
There is no hope for you if you can't appreciate the form of the P-Bass, the greatest rock/metal bass ever invented. In fact I'm going to ban anybody who disses it from now on :P at least it doesn't look like a tele!

Sure, buy a pointy thing and play it more - be aware you'll sound like a soggy cardboard box with a rubber band stretched round it and that sooner or later you'll get so pissed off with it you'll wish you had a p-bass that has a classic look and sounds feckn' great :P and steer clear of active Ibanez soundgear... they're made of shit and sound just like it.....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by Capt. Black »

FFS Get over it. HOW IT SOUNDS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

bluesgeek wrote:at least it doesn't look like a tele!
true :lol:
Capt. Black wrote:FFS Get over it. HOW IT SOUNDS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!
exactly, run it through a Metal Muff and anything will sound metal :wink:
:oops: if it can make a tele sound metal it'll make anything sound metal

danrawkz
PRS
PRS

Post by danrawkz »

Ironbird13 wrote:
danrawkz wrote:The ones who claim otherwise just have a music superiority complex goin' on
well yeah :wink: :P

when i first started listing to metal you only had Hair Metal, Heavy Metal, Speed/Thrash Metal and Death Metal. then in the '90s all these othe genres showed up :roll:
Nothing wrong with a bit of evolution here and there. :P