Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Re: Who's that playing Bass?

Post by foal30 »

if that is the only accent or dialect I have
then I need the maturity to say very little or nothing in any musical situation where it is not appropriate.

I myself may be unconcerned with a % of listeners failing to understand my choice of involvement. "Even if it has nothing to do with conversation" is as much a deceleration of taste as is "please do not slap an electric bass, ever".

The point is Musicians who try to be 'original' in and of themselves are the people who generally provide the most long-term value to Music.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Who's that playing Bass?

Post by Vince »

foal30 wrote: The point is Musicians who try to be 'original' in and of themselves are the people who generally provide the most long-term value to Music.
Yeah, fair enough and I know that that is the way the theory goes and all. But I just wonder about how "original" it is to always sound like yourself. I can understand that there's very good commercial reasons for it and so on. I just wonder whether it is the right thing to do. Something about being self-effacing and being there just for the song, and not to sell the song on who played on it. But then I don't know how possible it is to be completely faceless and totally open to the situation. As I said, I don't have an opinion either way.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook