snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: why I would stray.,.,

Post by snitchez »

i do regret selling my gibson ripper. tho i did sell it for 3 times more what i paid :) which funded my G&L.

which is essentially a fender bass. probably won't stop playing one.

I want a deusenberg. or a starbass. like the warwick reissue of the star bass. sweet lust

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Kev77 »

agreed, warwick's are for people who always wear the cellphone on the hip - but the starbass is rad, and full scale
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by snitchez »

Kev77 wrote:agreed, warwick's are for people who always wear the cellphone on the hip - but the starbass is rad, and full scale
oh yeah

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

For some reason the first player that comes to my mind when I see a Gibson Thunderbird is Pete Way of UFO, followed closely by Nicki Sixx for some strange reason.

They look like heavy instruments (in terms of weight not rock), but I wouldn't know as I have never played a Bass in my life yet so wouldn't know what is heavy and light. In fact that shot of Adam Clayton makes it look really heavy.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

A friend lent me his white Gibson Thunderbird for a while. Really neck heavy, the body is quite small actually. Doesn't really sit in a stand very well. Looks AWESOME.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Kev77 »

nah, its the non reverse thunderbird Im a hankering for.,.,
like this one, the single pickup model II
http://www.flyguitars.com/interviews/mikewatt4.php
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by smallface »

Kev77 wrote:nah, its the non reverse thunderbird Im a hankering for.,.,
like this one, the single pickup model II
http://www.flyguitars.com/interviews/mikewatt4.php
That is one sexy bass :-)
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

sonicfantom
Ashton
Ashton

Post by sonicfantom »

sambrowne wrote:I have a stingray and it's great for our stuff but if I had to have one bass for life it would be a Fender Jazz. In archetypal guitar terms, it's like the gibson les paul AND the Fender strat in one. It's just unbeatable.
It is unbeatable, and that's why it's not a Les Paul and a Strat in one. It's because it's a Fender Jazz Bass.

If I wanted to wander, though, I'd get a custom passive Jaguar Bass (yeah, another Fender). I like the sound of the G&L L2000, but I can't stand the styling.
slash-ed wrote:Sigh it's bullshit that we have to live in a world where tortoiseshell isn't real tortoise shell, zebra pickups aren't made from zebra, and the Dusk Tiger is a goofy ass guitar, not a goddamn ninja tiger that appears only at dusk... to eat your FACE. :(

Pakehendrix
Big Muff

Post by Pakehendrix »

I'm pretty wang, I play a Warwick, Ibanez ATK, and hopefully the next bass would be a Stingray. Thus I disagree with the reverence surrounding the Jazz - it's a jack of all trades, master of being perceived as the best by guitarists.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1017 times

Post by bender »

I'd like to nominate sonicfantom as either "Master dredger" or "Thread reanimator"

Good work there pal! :mrgreen: