xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Tattooed Musicians come share your work

Post by xCaptainx »

ah I have a small collection of ink, hahah. The only 'musical' ones I have are related to my old band etc.

Just got my throat and my face done a few weeks ago

Excuse the bung angle!

other side of my neck

scarface tattoo on back of neck

Evil Dead chainsaw tribute, haha

hahah my knuckles say BUSY LIVN (Shoreshank reference) my girl as 'Devotion'. Combined we're the ultimate Devo tribute band.

Palm tattooed would hurt like fuck, and they are a bitch to keep in. I want to get mine done. I've been told the best way to do it is with a massive magnum/cluster and a rotary and litterally punch it in i.e. no line work or dragging of needle. It will just break up the fat tissue and cause the ink to go everywhere.

Really not looking forward to that, haha.

Sorry to hijack the thread with non musical tattoos. I just love tattoos, haha. I have plenty more but no decent photos!

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by shinenz »

Haha, all good man. Yer agree with magnum, wife used a colour packer for palm, and realistically palms, hands etc need a couple of goes until the "patchiness" is gone. So many tattooist wont tattoo hands, palms etc, it's only cause the ink falls out and they don't want a bad name. We just tell people come back and we'll put the ink back in free of charge, as we know it's guna have issues.

You got some kick arse tats there dude. Ouch on the fuckin neck? I had side of my head done many moons ago, and that had it's moments.

Here is a tat my wife did last week, took 8 hours from start to end, the guy did it in one sitting, madness I know, but he was keen, wifey didn't mind, she designed it also.

She just tattooed this guys neck this afternoon, stars all over it, represented his kids...
Attachments
terry full1.jpg
terry full1.jpg (50.42 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

No tatts for me, I'm the kind of person that would get sick of them in a week and regret it forever.

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by shinenz »

Jenesis wrote:No tatts for me, I'm the kind of person that would get sick of them in a week and regret it forever.

But you wouldn't know until you got one, otherwise it's just an assumption of how you "might react" I think you'd possibly be addicted hence why you stay away arrhh hahah

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

Yep, addictive personality as well which is another reason to stay blank. :D

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by shinenz »

Arh I knew it!!! We'll do you an extra cheap tat, hows that haha, get your first taste, then we'll put the price up!! "jokes"

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

hmmm, might have to get some photos of my ink, got a few, nothing for a few years though, first one was the Sepultura 'S' on my right arm when i was 17. got an idea for a new one, tribute to a friend that hung himself almost 2yrs ago :cry:
just gotta find someone to do it, (and money )
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

shinenz wrote:Some girl in Nelson my wife tattooed, the girl was about to go to England to study music. Fuk that would have hurt!
Wow, intense. But wouldn't tattoos on the palm of your hands like that just sort of rub off as your skin is shed a lot quicker in that area? This is something I think I read somewhere..

thanks for the pics sir :)

I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo. I hope that I keep changing my mind about everything as I go through life, so I think I'll end up deciding my tattoo sucks eventually

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Jenesis wrote:No tatts for me, I'm the kind of person that would get sick of them in a week and regret it forever.
same here...
I've heard people in their 40's saying "I wish I'd never "past participle of get" that tattoo 20 years ago" but I've never heard one saying "I wish I'd "past participle of get" a tattoo 20 years ago".
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

My experience has been that there is little middle ground. Most people either love or hate tats and can be feral in expressing that opinion.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by shinenz »

I got my first tat at 15, from a John Whitehead, who is still about I believe. I live with no regret, and am still getting inked, most weeks actually. My dad had his first tat at 17, my wife just added to his collection of art last month, my mum also has been steadily adding to her ink. My auntie got her first tat at 60. We have had many aged clients come to our studio, all over 60 to get ink, yer their skin is old and saggy, but the tats look find once completed. If you live with a belief structure that you may "regret" decisions made, then that doesn't sound like much fun at all. You ether like em or ya don't, but I do get sick of the individuals who preach "regret" you won't like them when your old etc, it's a myth!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7928 times
Been liked: 4268 times

Post by jeremyb »

+1 and I keep thinking about how it'll look when I'm old and wrinkly and someones changing my diaper :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by shinenz »

+1 and I keep thinking about how it'll look when I'm old and wrinkly and someones changing my diaper :mrgreen:[/quote]

Well when ya that old, you won't even give a fuk, cause if you got someone changing your arse, last thing you'll be worried about is some ink in ya skin..... :twisted:

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Jenesis »

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by shinenz »

That would be getting old disgracefully, and how I can't wait, hopefully I have all my faculties at 90, and still getting ink

8)