Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 666 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Polar Bear wrote:
some of the stuff he does is extremely difficult to replicate.
Yeah but even HE can't replicate it, that's the problem. I stand by what I say about him, I've seen Metallica live 5 times and every single time Lars has been rubbish, embarrasingly rubbish at 2 of the concerts. He may sound tight and do some tricky stuff on the albums, but each track is 30 or more takes spliced together, so of course it sounds good. Compare him to someone like Paul Bostaph though, who I saw playing with Slayer and even live makes your average drum machine sound sloppy, and Lars is as I say, crap.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

Yeah, there's a lot of editing work on Lars' tracks, especially from Black album onwards.

Bostaph is cool, very solid, although there's things Lombardo can do that Bostaph can't.

Every drummer has their good and bad patches though - I saw Pantera here twice - first time Vinnie Paul was amazing, tight and nailing everything - second time he was comparatively sloppy and was actually missing out some of the harder double-kick parts altogether.
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

DaNextSlash
Fender
Fender

Post by DaNextSlash »

One thing I never understand is how Metallica..is the band that almost all metal bands are judged against and worshipped continuously when they have 2 members that are clearly below average in their field.

Lars.....Kirk......I think it all lies in the music or in James....but their music wasnt that great apart from Master of Puppets.....Must be James then? :?
Hmmm....Its niiiiiice
I like

bc_rich_
Ashton
Ashton

Post by bc_rich_ »

i must say hetfield has alot of... well something, because he is a full on theory no- nothing, yet he comes up with billions of mint as songs?

prove me wrong.
Metal up your ass bitches.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

man I knew I should have taken the bit about metallica out :wink: :roll:

so what do you think will be better.........ozzys new one or metallicas new one?????? or megadeths new one!!!!!

I hope there all awesome :P (but unlikely :cry:)

NONE of them will be as good as type o negative "dead again" which is due march 14th :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

nightmare
Ashton
Ashton

Post by nightmare »

Metallica are my primary influece as a musician,mostly James though since I'm a rhythm guitarist/vocalist,I like all their stuff but the stuff they made before my time (Kill 'Em All to Justice For All) are my favourites.I want to hear all these new albums,Megadeth's new one has interested me a lot though.It'll be good to hear from these artists again too.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

i know dave mustaine is really talking up the new one (united abomination) saying while it isn't "rust in peace 2" it is the best album since "rip"........I think "countdown to extinction" is there best so if it's even close to that it should be pretty cool
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

humphreybear
Ashton
Ashton

Post by humphreybear »

bc_rich_ wrote:"I don't need Bob Rock there to tell me what to do, like that 'Vagina Monologues' band METALLICA.

I personally think zakk is quite the tosser, even though I'm a fan of ozzy stuff. Hope the new cd's any good.
zakk wylde is a poser! all he does is swear and drink beer in interviews and stuff hes like fuck this fuck that its like a completly diferent language that requires you to swear every 2 seconds!
I smell Bacon, I smell Pork, look out little piggy, I have a fork!

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

humphreybear wrote:its like a completly diferent language that requires you to swear every 2 seconds!
It's called Bogan. NZ's third language.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

humphreybear wrote:
bc_rich_ wrote:"I don't need Bob Rock there to tell me what to do, like that 'Vagina Monologues' band METALLICA.

I personally think zakk is quite the tosser, even though I'm a fan of ozzy stuff. Hope the new cd's any good.
zakk wylde is a poser! all he does is swear and drink beer in interviews and stuff hes like fuck this fuck that its like a completly diferent language that requires you to swear every 2 seconds!
How does that make him a poser?

I think it's more that faux-biker shit he's been doing these past few years that makes him a poser... :?
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

humphreybear
Ashton
Ashton

Post by humphreybear »

slash-ed wrote:
humphreybear wrote:

How does that make him a poser?

I think it's more that faux-biker shit he's been doing these past few years that makes him a poser... :?
thats what I meant but didn't know how to explain it faux biter shit is exactly the term i was looking for

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Faux biter lol is that like a fake vampire :lol: :lol:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 261 times

Post by Capt. Black »

slash-ed wrote:Faux biter lol is that like a fake vampire :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Pillow-biter

:twisted:

humphreybear
Ashton
Ashton

Post by humphreybear »

slash-ed wrote:Faux biter lol is that like a fake vampire :lol: :lol:
yep similar to emo except they bite themselves naturally they're all posers because there are no real emos just attention seekers