MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Re: The Jakob Thread

Post by MogwaiBoy »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:52 am And the hotcake with his broken ibanez filter pedal which is the core of the Jakob wall of noise, I got a similar sound with a flanger and the hotcake, was glorious!
Yeah, Double Hotcake! Towards the end of the chain I think so that means most of the delays etc crunch up.

There's a modern reissue of that filter by the way:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:51 am
jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:52 am And the hotcake with his broken ibanez filter pedal which is the core of the Jakob wall of noise, I got a similar sound with a flanger and the hotcake, was glorious!
Yeah, Double Hotcake! Towards the end of the chain I think so that means most of the delays etc crunch up.

There's a modern reissue of that filter by the way:
Isn’t Jeff’s one broken and that’s where the magic lies?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:31 am Isn’t Jeff’s one broken and that’s where the magic lies?
I've not heard that story. Is there some online info about that? I'll have to ask him!

Sounds out of this world doubletracked on Pneumonic.

The Maxon AF9 Filter (above) definitely gets that sound but the magic is in the placement, I thought - after one delay, before another / before dirt etc.

The pedal is so dynamic that any change in pickups/board location completely changes the behaviour of it. Very unruly! But Jeff has tamed it and found a signature sound in it.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

I need this thread
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius