jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7906 times
Been liked: 4251 times

The White Stripes are no more :-(

Post by jeremyb »

The White Stripes would like to announce that today, February 2nd, 2011,
their band has officially ended and will make no further new recordings or perform live.

The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any
health issues as both Meg and Jack are feeling fine and in good health.

It is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve What is beautiful and special about
the band and have it stay that way.

Meg and Jack want to thank every one of their fans and admirers for the incredible
support they have given throughout the 13 plus years of the White Stripes’ intense and
incredible career.

Third Man Records will continue to put out unreleased live and studio recordings from
The White Stripes in their Vault Subscription record club, as well as through regular
channels.

Both Meg and Jack hope this decision isn’t met with sorrow by their fans but that it is
seen as a positive move done out of respect for the art and music that the band has
created. It is also done with the utmost respect to those fans who’ve shared in those
creations, with their feelings considered greatly.

With that in mind the band have this to say:

“The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong
to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is
that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing this experience. Your
involvement will never be lost on us and we are truly grateful.”

Sincerely,
Meg and Jack White
The White Stripes
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Re: The White Stripes are no more :-(

Post by Bg »

“The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong
to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is
that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing this experience. Your
What a load of pretentious bullshit... ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Pakehendrix
Big Muff

Post by Pakehendrix »

later bo

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1021 times

Post by bender »

Does that mean I can start a band, call it "The White Stripes" and release music in the same style?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7906 times
Been liked: 4251 times

Post by jeremyb »

benderissimo wrote:
Does that mean I can start a band, call it "The White Stripes" and release music in the same style?
I'd buy that for a dollar!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

kramer
Squier

Post by kramer »

This is a sad day in music :(

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

in time i'll get over this tragic news..

there, i'm over it :wink:
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Post by Bg »

took you awhile...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

kramer
Squier

Post by kramer »

crushing day wrote:in time i'll get over this tragic news..

there, i'm over it :wink:
8)

SammyD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SammyD »

I just don't know what to do with myself!
If I was of the ilk to place quotes in signatures ... this would be in mine. - NZRS-Dave

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Oh well.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by bobiron »

The press release seems abit of taddle really....you know set it free and if its your it will come back to its yours.

Well they could not really take this concept much further, if they could I am sure Jack (& Meg) would have. Otherwise they would end up as a Rolling Stones or AC/DC I guess(not that there is anything wrong with that). Guess that is why he did other stuff. I like their albums overall, they seemed to add more instruments into the later ones, but still had that WS rawness. Still I am a fan of JW and always will be.
Last edited by bobiron on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

SammyD wrote:I just don't know what to do with myself!
bup-bada-baaaaa
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

bobiron wrote:The press release seems abit of taddle really....you know set it free and if its your it will come back to its yours.

Well they could not really take this concept much further, if they could I am sure Jack (& Meg) would have. Otherwise they would end up as a Rolling Stones or AC/DC I guess(not that there is anything wrong with that). Guess that is why he did other stuff. I like their albums overall, they seemed to add more instruments into the later ones, but still had that WS rawness. Still I am a fan of JW and always will be.
I like the Dead Weather.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

benderissimo wrote:
Could be like the Ink Spots where there's usually at least a dozen groups playing under the name at any time with no connection to the original outfit from the 30's. Bonus is you only need two people to be the white stripes.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."