Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Re: George Lynch

Post by foal30 »

willow13 wrote:
foal30 wrote:Pretty good. Setting up with a shuffle or implied swing feel greatly helps

Not sure on the 1:20 but the 1:24 lick is nice. I've hardly heard the exhaustive list of Lynch's work, obviously the Dokken stuff isfucking appalling but I do remember some Blues based playing of his which was cool.

Steve Salas is who it reminds me off.
not sure why you would even bother posting in this thread if you have zero interest in Lynch :idea: boring day at work :?:
How's that reading comprehension getting along? :lol:

FWIW there was 6 posts which concerned themselves on the Bass Player and Lynch's choice of shirt before I actually commented on how I liked the clip.

If you want to start an arguement or direct me to where and what I can post on you'll need to show a bit more nous than this.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Olderama wrote:
foal30 wrote:Pretty good. Setting up with a shuffle or implied swing feel greatly helps

Not sure on the 1:20 but the 1:24 lick is nice. I've hardly heard the exhaustive list of Lynch's work, obviously the Dokken stuff isfucking appalling but I do remember some Blues based playing of his which was cool.

Strong words mate
I think the longevity and his collection of work deems more appropriate words than appalling
I think it's an appropriate choice of words, Dokken was pants. You'll note the bit in my post where I say I am hardly the go to man on the story of George Lynch. By all means suggest or point to some of his back catalog that I should (or should off already) checked out.

The Steve Salas album is actually a band setting called Hardware and the album is "Third Eye Open". Buddy Miles and Bootsy Collins make up the trio , they groove hard and Salas plays a lot of chop heavy stuff. Miles voice is possibly an acquired taste :lol:

I'd be very interested in hearing Lynch in a similar type setting.

So yeah.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

foal30 wrote:
Olderama wrote:

Strong words mate
I think the longevity and his collection of work deems more appropriate words than appalling
I think it's an appropriate choice of words, Dokken was pants. You'll note the bit in my post where I say I am hardly the go to man on the story of George Lynch. By all means suggest or point to some of his back catalog that I should (or should off already) checked out.

The Steve Salas album is actually a band setting called Hardware and the album is "Third Eye Open". Buddy Miles and Bootsy Collins make up the trio , they groove hard and Salas plays a lot of chop heavy stuff. Miles voice is possibly an acquired taste :lol:

I'd be very interested in hearing Lynch in a similar type setting.

So yeah.
:roll:
:mental:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

foal30 wrote:

How's that reading comprehension getting along? :lol:

FWIW there was 6 posts which concerned themselves on the Bass Player and Lynch's choice of shirt before I actually commented on how I liked the clip.

If you want to start an arguement or direct me to where and what I can post on you'll need to show a bit more nous than this.
not sure what the fuck you are talking about...just weird you would click on a link about a guy you have no interest in..but then Bass players are weird as fuck

and before you "pull me up" on reading comprehension maybe double check your spelling and choice of words
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Tough crowd, I wonder what the response would've if foal hadn't said Lynch was cool.
Tin arse!!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

this is why politics threads are a definite no.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

LucyTheSpud
Squier
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by LucyTheSpud »

On a seperate (yet similar) note, new George Lynch signiature humbucker by Seymour Duncan coming out soon i believe

Mr Davison
Squier
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Davison »

LucyTheSpud wrote:On a seperate (yet similar) note, new George Lynch signiature humbucker by Seymour Duncan coming out soon i believe
First mod I ever did on a guitar was putting a George Lynch 'screamin demon' into my peavey tracer around 1993 I believe
Sonic mayhem unleashed

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Mr Davison wrote:
LucyTheSpud wrote:On a seperate (yet similar) note, new George Lynch signiature humbucker by Seymour Duncan coming out soon i believe
First mod I ever did on a guitar was putting a George Lynch 'screamin demon' into my peavey tracer around 1993 I believe
they are a very misunderstood pick up. Mind you the name kind of doesn't help :rofl:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I find the lack of snakes and daggers and shit on his guitar quite disturbing!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote:I find the lack of snakes and daggers and shit on his guitar quite disturbing!
yeah he has clearly sold out :rofl:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote:
Dave really needs to work on his tits wearing that top :rofl:

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »