Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: The Beatles - Get Back

Post by Molly »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:52 am I'm hoping to watch part3 tonight too.
It's taking me forever to get through it. Quite surprised at how casually they seem to approach recording considering how good the outcome is.

The double-barrelled manager guy seems fucking useless. Yoko's screaming... Whatever made her think that anybody would want to listen go that? Am enjoying seeing classic songs being born though. That's a bit special.

I'm about to start episode three.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

Molly wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:54 pm
It's taking me forever to get through it. Quite surprised at how casually they seem to approach recording considering how good the outcome is.

The double-barrelled manager guy seems fucking useless. Yoko's screaming... Whatever made her think that anybody would want to listen go that? Am enjoying seeing classic songs being born though. That's a bit special.

I'm about to start episode three.
I’ve watched 3 times through now…I like to watch (tmi?). I’ve revisited sections more…I’m totally fascinated by the process and personalities involved. My big take away, among heaps of lesser ones, is the necessity of a highly skilled and invested manager…definitely not a Klein! Maybe to the point of being instructional to wannabe managers to get their heads around ego, personalities and inter-personal relationships in the creative space.

Also totally re-contextualises the Lindsay-Hogg version as a version. Yeah Yoko gets a bit silly, but they’re all just kids really…what else are you gonna do with all that loved-up energy and a bunch of music toys…yell and beat the shit outa things, of course!

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Just watched the first episode. Really enjoyed it.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

clubhouse wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:42 pm Can any of you wah freaks ID the grey? bodied wah George uses? Especially noticeable in ep3. a few moments before the roof gig.
Pretty sure its one of these: https://reverb.com/item/6799505-vox-pre ... erite-grey
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:58 am
clubhouse wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:42 pm Can any of you wah freaks ID the grey? bodied wah George uses? Especially noticeable in ep3. a few moments before the roof gig.
Pretty sure its one of these: https://reverb.com/item/6799505-vox-pre ... erite-grey
Oh...figures, thanks for the detective work. I have an old transitional, no label (post Clyde/pre V846), black body...think it's got a 4 lobed inductor (clover?), ICAR pot, tropical fish resistors and Ducati caps...might get close? Dumb thing is, I don't really do wah.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Watched 1st episode courtesy of a forum gentleman... quite enjoyed it.

Couple of observations:

1 - Surprised to see/hear the song "Another Day" popping up. I always thought McCartney wrote it during his Wings period. Not so.
2 - Watching four 'ordinary' guys jamming and farting around, one does not realise how successful they were financially until you see Ringo's little abode at the end of part 1.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Jay wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:04 pm Watched 1st episode courtesy of a forum gentleman... quite enjoyed it.

Couple of observations:

1 - Surprised to see/hear the song "Another Day" popping up. I always thought McCartney wrote it during his Wings period. Not so.
2 - Watching four 'ordinary' guys jamming and farting around, one does not realise how successful they were financially until you see Ringo's little abode at the end of part 1.
Yeah, man. I keep hearing Lennon's "Jealous Guy" melody every time they practice “On The Road To Marrakesh”, which after researching was initially called “Child Of Nature,” a song composed during their time in India...damn, I thought it was a post-Beatles/solo Lennon song...they probably had lots of spill-over tunes. They were recalling a lot of older stuff..."One After 909" was apparently a very early composition (pre-Cavern?) that they worked up for the Let it Be album.

I've played in a few originals bands and the working method, jamming ideas, crashing tunes, personalities and baggage, individual styles of writing and working parts up, even the awkward reticence of calling out cliched chord changes/resolves/patterns...man, they're just the same...except they're working at a much more elevated level as you write.

It kinda makes me feel a lot more secure though, in what we were trying to do and the way we were going about it, 'cos it's actually how the big boys did it. It would have been cool to have an 8-track facility to record and play back results to date like they did...I think it would have been a great tool to speed up the song development process...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Spent a couple of hours listening to the re-mixed Beatles albums yesterday afternoon, so good to have proper stereo and some bass.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:47 am Spent a couple of hours listening to the re-mixed Beatles albums yesterday afternoon, so good to have proper stereo and some bass.
I did that today too. Well, at first I thought there was something wrong as the guitar was SO loud! Actually backed out and went with a 2009 remaster over the more recent remix.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Re watching the roof concert and paid more attention to the audience this time....

Health and safety laws? No worries mate.

Note this brave dude who watched most of the concert at the edge of a huge, unsurvivable drop...

_Brave Dude 1 Screenshot 2023-11-08 140605.png
_Brave Dude 1 Screenshot 2023-11-08 140605.png (1020.4 KiB) Viewed 6414 times
_Brave 2 Screenshot 2023-11-08 140605.png
_Brave 2 Screenshot 2023-11-08 140605.png (539.09 KiB) Viewed 6414 times
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Jay wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:27 pm Re watching the roof concert and paid more attention to the audience this time....

Note this brave dude who watched most of the concert at the edge of a huge, unsurvivable drop...

Reporting to worksafe.govt.nz as I type
:mental:

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Olderama wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:58 pm
Jay wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:27 pm Re watching the roof concert and paid more attention to the audience this time....

Maybe The Beatles should've yelled "Get Back!" at that brave dude!

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

codedog wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:00 pm

"Get back! No, not that far back! Oh shit..."
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

hamo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:10 pm
codedog wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:00 pm

"Get back! No, not that far back! Oh shit..."
"Don't let me down"
:mental: