Jops
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 88 times

Rush

Post by Jops »

I just recently watched their Live in Rio DVD. I had never heard a Rush song in my life 'til then :cry: Boy have I missed out!!! I can't get enough of Neil Pearts drumming. Alex's gat sounds are a bit cheesy most of the time, but you can't deny how good their musicianship is. Such a huge sound for a 3pc. Why, for a band so huge elsewhere, are they under the radar here in NZ?

Anyway I want some of you.. ahem.. older members to name some albums I should be checkin out. I just placed a bid on Moving Pictures on TM, which is ace 'cos Tom Sawyer is one rockin track!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

I can't understand it... they are such an excellent band :) 2112 was my favourite album for a long time.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Post by 1964 »

> "Why, for a band so huge elsewhere, are they under the radar here in NZ?"

I think they're largely under the radar elsewhere too, other than on musicians' fora.

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

things can't be too bad for them if there are at least 2 of us owning their Live in RIO DVD :) I enjoyed that DVD although my 7 year old admitted that he prefer EC Crossroads, Eagles Hell Freezes Over and Queen Greatest hits.

lucky13sp

Post by lucky13sp »

Canadas greatest export! sadly my mum doesnt think the same of her fellow countrymen, if i hear one more joni mitchell song....

vacant
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 2 times

Post by vacant »

Been diggin on freewill lately. Pure class
I've been trying to justify you, in the end I will just defy you.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

The trees

that song is deffinitly spinal tap teritory

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Just picked out some Rush hits this weekend. I have liked it so far, but nothing has jumped out at me just yet. I have lots of new stuff to listen to right now.

Another one of those guitar mag heroes that you never hear about otherwise.

Apparently Alex Lifeson learned to play guitar while he was locked up for being some flavour of fruitcake...
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jops »

I listen to them now purely for the drumming. I've never listened to a band for any instruments other than guitar... ever! Now every time I hear a Rush song I can't hear the bass or guitar just the drumming. Fantastic!

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Tom Sawyer!

lionking
Ashton
Ashton

Post by lionking »

still my favorite band :D

lucky13sp

Post by lucky13sp »

what about limelight? YYZ? moving pictures is a great album.

anybody know anything about the alex lifeson signature edition of the hughes and kettner triamp?

lionking
Ashton
Ashton

Post by lionking »

Moving Pictures I count as a must listen to album....Limelight's solo I count as one of the top 5 alltime best rock solos....I use to know it note for note,but after 4 months of not playing it I need to sit down and refresh myself to it again.

Along time ago I had a great friend ,his name was Gregg and he was a Neil Peart fanatic,the guy could play almost every Rush song to a tee not to mention he was a awesome drummer overall.God I miss him,wish I could find him again and get back in contact.
Funny,being in a metal band with him...people would say..."he's your drummer?"...wow,he's black"..but after they heard him play they would all go wow.."he kicks ass!"
Last I heard he moved to San Diego and got into hiphop....jezz...really wish I could track him down and get his friendship back into my life