Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

millenium_03 wrote:Here is my guitar collection (some of them)... I live in Rimouski, Québec, CANADA

Some nice acoustics you have there!

Rimouski eh? If i remember correctly, did Vincent Lecavalier play for Rimouski in the QMJHL before being drafted #1 overall by the NHL to play for the Tampa Bay Lightning? ....

millenium_03

Post by millenium_03 »

Yeah dude.... Vincent Lecavalier, Brad Richards played for Rimouski OCEANICS team...

BUT... don't forget about SYDNEY CROSBY... He played he's junior hockey years here... He was really hot and still is...before playinf NHL.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

millenium_03 wrote:Yeah dude.... Vincent Lecavalier, Brad Richards played for Rimouski OCEANICS team...

BUT... don't forget about SYDNEY CROSBY... He played he's junior hockey years here... He was really hot and still is...before playinf NHL.
Ah yes how could I forget! It's hard to keep up with what's going on over there. Crosby is incredible, Gretzky thinks that Sydney Crosby is the only one who has what it takes to break Gretz's records

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

the latest edition to my ever so humble stable.

Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Sweet man, those Tokai's are meant to be the shizzle.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

thanks man.
I tried some (admittedly only a couple of them) epiphone LPs and they just felt unbalanced and .. I dunno.. weird to me :? this was beside an epiphone in cash converters and it just felt 'right'. balanced nicely.. nice feel (even with grubby rusty strings).. I have a mate who's the brilliant negotiator and she ended up getting them to knock the price from $778 to $550! am totally stoked. threw new strings on it and apart from a dead spot (am told a lil fret polish/file will fix it) it's very nice. one happy camper indeed.. will get a good thrashing at practice on monday me thinks...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Capt. Black has a couple of nice ones... er, Tokai's that is! :roll:
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Nice toke, aiiii.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

:lol:
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

looks good, rocky 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 261 times

Post by Capt. Black »

DarcyPerry wrote:Capt. Black has a couple of nice ones... er, Tokai's that is! :roll:
...and I enjoyed watching you play with them.... ;)

Yo Rocky, very good score.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

thanks all.. I'm really stoked. found another dead spot too, but all fixable. I'm surprised how much easier the shorter length is to play than my tele.. still wont ever be a lead guitarist tho ;-)
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

naphazoline
Ashton
Ashton

Post by naphazoline »

rocklander wrote: still wont ever be a lead guitarist tho ;-)
that doesn't matter. nothing sounds better then a good rhythm.
too much lead can get a bit over bearing sometimes, and in a three piece band it can sound a bit empty when someone's wanking on for too long.

i've tried and tried, to play lead, but i suck. i just seem to run over the same shit i know (which aint much).
learning by ear has done me no favours in the way of understanding the terminology either.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Capt. Black wrote:
DarcyPerry wrote:Capt. Black has a couple of nice ones... er, Tokai's that is! :roll:
...and I enjoyed watching you play with them.... ;)

Yo Rocky, very good score.
Ha, you play them better than me. You're a ROCK GOD, Capt. 8)

Can I come over to the manor tomorrow afternoon? Mel is going to take some shots of Annaliesa and I for press purposes. Just fire me a text if that's cool.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

rocklander wrote:thanks all.. I'm really stoked. found another dead spot too, but all fixable. I'm surprised how much easier the shorter length is to play than my tele.. still wont ever be a lead guitarist tho ;-)
How do you fix a dead thing? :P