Single coil
BANNED
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Single coil »

SammyD wrote:
Single coil wrote:I have an orange squeezer stuck to the back of the amp running through the effects loop.
What's the point of this? Is it common to have a compressor in the effects loop? [/ignorance]
Not attacking you personally, but everyone seems to rubbish me having it there.

It's there cuz it works.

Having it at the front of the pedal chain, sweet, my signal's even, but the fuzz and TS style are all different levels, as are the normal/top boost channels on the amp.
At the end of the chain, the amp drive sounds great, so does the chorus pedal, but everything else sounds rubbish.
In the effects loop, everything's even. This compressor just seems to fit in with the amp just fine. Both normal and top boost channels are near the same volume (top boost a bit louder, but not too loud, just how I wanted it), the fuzz sounds great, and the TS style gives me a nice bump come standout time.

Try it - Just don't go for an extreme squish setting. I have the volume up about half way and the squeeze at about 1/3 the way up.

Aaaaand I've not come across anyone else who has a compressor in the effects loop.
+10 hipster points =\

Now you know. :)
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

SammyD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SammyD »

I wasn't rubbishing it, just interested :P And I will give it a go next time I own a compressor :)
If I was of the ilk to place quotes in signatures ... this would be in mine. - NZRS-Dave

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

SammyD wrote:I wasn't rubbishing it, just interested :P And I will give it a go next time I own a compressor :)
If you get hold of the new McPherson one, let me know.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

I'll give it a go when I get an amp with an effects loop ;) I already have the Orange Squeezer clone!
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

Depends on the amp and how loud you are playing. If you're not getting loud enough to get the power tubes giving you that nice compression in the drive (especially if you are trying for cleaner tones, or light dirt) then a compressor in the effects loop should do the job instead I think.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Scooter13 wrote:Depends on the amp and how loud you are playing. If you're not getting loud enough to get the power tubes giving you that nice compression in the drive (especially if you are trying for cleaner tones, or light dirt) then a compressor in the effects loop should do the job instead I think.
I agree, it's unconventional but with a loud amp like a AC-30 it makes sense

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Post by Slowy »

PB 9.6.12.JPG
There you go BG, now it's a proper pedalboard. :thumbup:
GAS monster slain. Can't think of anything else I could possibly need and wouldn't want more pedals in the chain anyway.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2280 times
Been liked: 4013 times

Post by Bg »

Now you just need to get rid of thse moulded patch leads.....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

BG wrote:Now you just need to get rid of thse moulded patch leads.....
I've had them a while and they're actually perfectly OK. By the time I'd soldered up the power daisy chain and 3 patch cables, stuffed them up and re done it, I was over sniffing solder smoke. They'll do until I next get the soldering urge.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Post by bender »

slowfingers wrote:
I've had them a while and they're actually perfectly OK. By the time I'd soldered up the power daisy chain and 3 patch cables, stuffed them up and re done it, I was over sniffing solder smoke. They'll do until I next get the soldering urge.
I think I've got a few spares already made up if you need them. I'm dedicated to a tiny pedalboard so there's absolutely no way I can use more than 4 at the moment.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

benderissimo wrote:
slowfingers wrote:
I think I've got a few spares already made up if you need them. I'm dedicated to a tiny pedalboard so there's absolutely no way I can use more than 4 at the moment.
Thanks Ben, those moulded patch cables might offend corksniffers and stirrers ( :wave: ) but they've served me well. I've got plenty of cable and plugs and might get round to making up a couple more. Then again, might not. :D

mugamee
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by mugamee »

here's my board:

it's actually made from the lid of some-sort-of-an-equipment case i got from my dad when i was still in college. it has seen many pedals come and go, these are the mainstays since 2009. :D
Fuzz Face Forever...
Get in touch with me via Instagram: mugvug_and_ollie

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

slowfingers wrote:Thanks Ben, those moulded patch cables might offend corksniffers and stirrers ( :wave: )
No more offense caused than your Tele already causes :thumbup:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

BG wrote:
slowfingers wrote:Thanks Ben, those moulded patch cables might offend corksniffers and stirrers ( :wave: )
No more offense caused than your Tele already causes :thumbup:
12 days thinking about it and that's the best you can come up with? :P

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

nah, not even 12 seconds really. Just noticed you'd replied earlier. anyway, your tele is offensive. Buy my Godin.