Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1395 times
Been liked: 2137 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by GrantB »

Boss buffers do have a certain sound about them. I find them a little aggressive on the attack (which I know shouldn't be a thing), which might be what you're hearing Conway, per "tone suck"?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

Dharmajester wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:54 am Always a bit of a mess but does the job. Powered by a Cioks DC7/8 ( even worse mess ) underneath

.20230819_093302.jpg

Signal chain = Wah, Tuner, Fuzz, Broadcast, Comp, Revival Drive, Fetto, Trem, Vol, Amp Switcher....

The Warped Vinyl, Mln Jnr, Immerse are in the fx loop of a Fryette Power Station run off a Jtm45...
The UltraTap is on a send from the amp switcher and feeds an old Bassman on one side and a Matchless HC15 on the other for wide clean stereo fx...
Nice board, man. Great choices...curious about the Lehle vol pedal: is it quiet? Smooth travel and stay put where you set it? Any gain boost available and if so, does it otherwise sub for a dedicated clean boost (if one were to so desire)?

Also, how do you use the Warped Vinyl? (subtle) vibrato or do you climb into the feature set for more twisted, stuttered glitching? I use a Red Panda Tensor for glitch...evoking a 'Sparkle Horse' vibe. Goes good but I've always GASed for the Chase Bliss.

Nice rig, in total...Bassman and Matchless, in stereo...yum!

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:49 pm Most latest version:

Two tuners :shock: Wow! Paranoia, redundancy, alternative tuning tunings, a spare to throw at a recalcitrant bass player (behaviour modification tuning)? What gives?

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Conway wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:32 pm Latest #1 board:

Jeebus on a stick! Do you run a pedal shop or sum'it? Slick board, man, seriously slick board. Tidy too. When I look at it, the word that comes to mind is...plush.

What amp(s) get to sample the audio massaging from these babies?

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Damn, there's some nice boards on this forum! Well done, everybody!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1130 times
Been liked: 1456 times

Post by robthemac »

clubhouse wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:57 pm
Marshal MG10 and Line 6 Spider 25.

https://guitarsrock.co.nz/amps/
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

robthemac wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:03 pm

Pffttt! :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, man, yeah...now go wash your mouth out.

The board and amp combination equivalent of...

...which is to say, wrong...on so many levels.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2280 times
Been liked: 4013 times

Post by Bg »

clubhouse wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:22 pm
robthemac wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:03 pm

Pffttt! :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, man, yeah...now go wash your mouth out.

The board and amp combination equivalent of...

...which is to say, wrong...on so many levels.
one of the first singles I bought...

shame about the boat race.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 385 times

Post by Dharmajester »

clubhouse wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:44 pm
Nice board, man. Great choices...curious about the Lehle vol pedal: is it quiet? Smooth travel and stay put where you set it? Any gain boost available and if so, does it otherwise sub for a dedicated clean boost (if one were to so desire)?

Also, how do you use the Warped Vinyl? (subtle) vibrato or do you climb into the feature set for more twisted, stuttered glitching? I use a Red Panda Tensor for glitch...evoking a 'Sparkle Horse' vibe. Goes good but I've always GASed for the Chase Bliss.

The Lehle volume pedals are great. Very quiet, stay put and has a +12db boost available although I've never used it. The onboard Fetto has a boost channel ( no tonal change but +20db available ) perfect for kicking an amp's front end. Chase Bliss i have set up for pretty basic modulation. I always used a hired Leslie cab when recording in the Uk, have tried most of the pedal offerings, none of which worked for me so the Warped Vinyl is handling that role, assisted by the Mission exp pedal which controls the WV's mod speed... Might have a proper Leslie incoming if I can prise it from the keyboardist whose no longer using it....
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

GrantB wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:20 pm Boss buffers do have a certain sound about them. I find them a little aggressive on the attack (which I know shouldn't be a thing), which might be what you're hearing Conway, per "tone suck"?
No, I was talking about with both buffers switched off.

The Boss switchers also do something with the signal impedance, because a vintage style fuzz (like my SunLion) just doesn't work properly in an ES8 loop, even with the input buffer off. Whereas, running it pre-input buffer in the G3 is no problem at all.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

clubhouse wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:57 pm What amp(s) get to sample the audio massaging from these babies?
Audio Kitchen Big Chopper *
Morgan AC20 Deluxe *
PRS HDRX 20 *
[Embargoed until 14/9/23 pre-release amp of awesomeness] *
Mesa Mk.V 35
Benson Nathan Junior
Supro 1605R

* Heads into either: 2x12 Creamback H75's; or 2x12 Greenback & Vintage 30; or 1x12 Alnico Cream.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1780 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

wait you got a Benson Nathan Jr?? when does it go on sale??

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

KNNZ wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:56 am wait you got a Benson Nathan Jr?? when does it go on sale??
Had that for 18 months or more. Everything's for sale at the right price... :wink: (cost me plenty to import a 230 volt version)

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1780 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Conway wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:18 pm
KNNZ wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:56 am wait you got a Benson Nathan Jr?? when does it go on sale??
Had that for 18 months or more. Everything's for sale at the right price... :wink: (cost me plenty to import a 230 volt version)
I didn't see it the last time I visited you! :mrgreen:
In hindsight... it was a good thing I didn't see it :crazy:

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Dharmajester wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:19 am
clubhouse wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:44 pm

The Lehle volume pedals are great. Very quiet, stay put and has a +12db boost available although I've never used it. The onboard Fetto has a boost channel ( no tonal change but +20db available ) perfect for kicking an amp's front end. Chase Bliss i have set up for pretty basic modulation. I always used a hired Leslie cab when recording in the Uk, have tried most of the pedal offerings, none of which worked for me so the Warped Vinyl is handling that role, assisted by the Mission exp pedal which controls the WV's mod speed... Might have a proper Leslie incoming if I can prise it from the keyboardist whose no longer using it....
Thanks for the intel, man. I'll definitely put the Lehle down on my upgrade list...sounds the nuts. I love volume control pedals and the gain boost sounds F.A.B., Virgil.

That's cool about how you use the WV. I like Leslie warbles too. The WVs don't come up for sale that often. Must speak to their goodness. I will persist.

I have this ol' girl down in the crypt...not as salubrious as the 122s but it has a cool valve amp powering a full range, 12" speaker and 2 speed. Nice wooden cab too...and it was cheap and goes great. A little large for the board so I'm rockin' a Lex at the mo' for my organ enjoyment. open goal, JB One day, I'll make a rotating mids/tweeter cab to match.
Leslie. The Crypt Keeper.jpg
Leslie. The Crypt Keeper.jpg (581.36 KiB) Viewed 4690 times