Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Ash Stuff - 2010

Post by Gelato »

That looks great all finished up! The weight (or lack thereof) of the guitar was pretty surprising when I had the chance to pick it up the other day.

So many switches... :lol:
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

slash-ed wrote:That's awesome. What body shape is that, it seems different from the outward-pointingness of your Heilo shape? Or is that a Heilo mk. XI or something...
That is a tweaked Heilo Mk2 body shape. Like BG's black P90 one (Lucy) with a more scooped lower cutaway and the 'modern carve' top (as opposed to the 'vintage carve'). Darkness and RuBear's Heilos are Mk4 shaped, which leaves more hand-space up high on the FB and is more offset.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

ash wrote:
slash-ed wrote:That's awesome. What body shape is that, it seems different from the outward-pointingness of your Heilo shape? Or is that a Heilo mk. XI or something...
That is a tweaked Heilo Mk2 body shape. Like BG's black P90 one (Lucy) with a more scooped lower cutaway and the 'modern carve' top (as opposed to the 'vintage carve'). Darkness and RuBear's Heilos are Mk4 shaped, which leaves more hand-space up high on the FB and is more offset.
Have you got pics of Mks 1 through to 4 side by side anywhere?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

About ten pages back in the Works in Progress thread is a partial one.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

w00tw00tw00tw00tw00t!!!!!

This guitar is truly awesome. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to Adrian. The almost 3 months figuring out specs, and the subsequent many months of build have definitely - oh so definitely - been worthwhile. 8)

I'm really impressed with every single thing about it - I think it's turned out even better than I had allowed myself to hope. :D (and I'm really rather chuffed Adrian found it so satisfying to build as well 8) ... everyone's a winner :D )
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Have you asked if he takes personal satisfaction as payment? :lol:

Glad you like it Raf. Welcome to the club 8)
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

Oh man this topic makes the wait for mine so much worse. That blue is amazing.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Wow. Raf, you're one lucky bloke. That guitar is absolutely stunning.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Stunning, really stunning, that blueburst is nice as contrast to the wood.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3497 times
Been liked: 714 times

Post by Cdog »

Wow beautiful axe... love the rosewood neck, crazy switching!

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

that is aweso-fuken-lutely-some beautiful looking bit of work there Ash and Tsuken. I demand you bring it down for a high volume test here before you leave the country tsuken old boy.

RuBear
Gibson

Post by RuBear »

Very nice Tsuken/Ash, loving that neck.

After your honeymoon you should do a review, specifically on how you find the acoustic-whatsity system.
Ok I got rid of my Foal quote, but I found a new one.
foal30 wrote:some 80's metal makes me want to dress up like a woman, just like they did back in the day.
is this sort of what you mean?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Post by Bg »

mmmm sexy :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

RuBear
Gibson

Post by RuBear »

Also what is your reasoning behind the "off" positions on the series/off/parallel controls?
Ok I got rid of my Foal quote, but I found a new one.
foal30 wrote:some 80's metal makes me want to dress up like a woman, just like they did back in the day.
is this sort of what you mean?

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Gelato wrote:That looks great all finished up! The weight (or lack thereof) of the guitar was pretty surprising when I had the chance to pick it up the other day.

So many switches... :lol:
It's nice and light, even with the hardware on board. Not floating away sort of light; it has a good heft, but doesn't weigh you down at all. Perfect, basically ;)
Polar Bear wrote:Wow. Raf, you're one lucky bloke. That guitar is absolutely stunning.
Yes. Yes I am 8)
RuBear wrote:Very nice Tsuken/Ash, loving that neck.

After your honeymoon you should do a review, specifically on how you find the acoustic-whatsity system.
Yeah, I will do.

I actually stumbled upon a particular surprising and cool sound while messing around with it at Adrian's workshop: both humbuckers switched to parallel, volume down a bit, blended with the piezo acoustic with volume also down somewhat: surprisingly funky/stratty, we thought. There's a lot of versatility to this guitar, and it'll take me some messing around to get it down. I'm just pleased Ash managed to translate properly all the mad wiring from my feverish mind to the actual guitar ;)
RuBear wrote:Also what is your reasoning behind the "off" positions on the series/off/parallel controls?
That way I can switch one of them off, and use the pickup selector to get the stuttery effect you can do with an LP with the volume rolled off one pickup. That's pretty much it, really ;)

Khann, K1w1, the blue is fantasmic. I'm somewhat amazed it turned out so well, considering the way we tried to settle on a colour in a trans-Tasman, online, different monitors, scavenged internet photos sort of way ;) Basically it's yet another testament to the fact that Ash is the man 8)

cdog, RuBear, the neck is truly a thing of beauty. The grain, the feel, the whole look of it ... I love it.

BG, yes. Yes it is very sexy 8)

Capt, we were talking today about a visit to you on Friday before we fly out, if you're around. I'll sms you.

Cheers all - most especially to Ash 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins