Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

RuBear
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Ash Stuff - 2010

Post by RuBear »

Mine arrived yesterday. woo hoo!

Would have to be pretty darn picky to fault it construction wise, and looks fantastic especially in natural sunlight (God I hate the energy saver light bulb in my room right about now). It's lighter than I expected, but that's a bonus from my point of view. Love being able to feel the grain of the wood, and the smell of the guitar is actually quite noticable (and very pleasant).

I was slightly worried that the neck wouldn't turn out to be great for me, but I'm having zero problems with it so far. In fact it's a bit too easy to play so I might have to go up in string gauge at some point ha.

Sounds excellent when it isn't plugged in, it had me playing it for half an hour before I bothered to get the amp out.

I'm stoked with how the two inside single coils in parallel sound. It definately has a bit of the strat quacky-ness, but slightly less cut I think, can't exactly pin-point how it differs from a strat sound but I don't think it's necessarily worse.

All the other positions are also sweet. Bridge pick up is pretty gnarly, definately gets all the grit I need. Not sure how much I'll use both humbuckers together much but it's still useful to have. Neck in parallel is like both single coils except with way less quack.

It's also making me appreciate my other gear more, never realised just how nice the MI audio blues pro is.

Overall I'm loving it so far, but still getting used to it. Thanks very much Adrian.
Ok I got rid of my Foal quote, but I found a new one.
foal30 wrote:some 80's metal makes me want to dress up like a woman, just like they did back in the day.
is this sort of what you mean?

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Got home - guitar intact :D

But not before hitting the Manor and unleashing it through The Beast :twisted:

I had great fun setting it on the piezo pickups, with the volume down, getting a nice clean acoustic sound, then hitting the BamBam and getting raucous full-gain bridge humbucker. Flick the switch and it's back to the clean acoustic. 8) Beautiful.

This weekend I'll be chucking it through my various pedals and impulse responses 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Frey wrote:you're all set to recreate the power ballads of your youth
Damn straight :mrgreen:

And RuBear - woohoo! I saw your guitar when I was at Ash's workshop. Looked very nice 8) From your initial report it seems it is as good as it looks 8)

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Congrats Tsuken on such a fantastic concept. Beautiful work Ash. I love the cavity screen and general wiring. :)
Greenstone Amplifiers

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Oh - weighed at the airport: just 7.3 kg including case 8) It might be my lightest electric guitar, just by the heft of it.

Here be bloggins

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Did you make it home without having to give customs a go on it?
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Not only did they not ask any questions about it at all, they directed us down to the far end, past the queues of people, and then straight out the door without x-raying our bags or anything. 8) Freakin' sweet.

Here be bloggins

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 714 times

Post by Cdog »

RuBear wrote:Mine arrived yesterday. woo hoo!

Would have to be pretty darn picky to fault it construction wise, and looks fantastic especially in natural sunlight (God I hate the energy saver light bulb in my room right about now). It's lighter than I expected, but that's a bonus from my point of view. Love being able to feel the grain of the wood, and the smell of the guitar is actually quite noticable (and very pleasant).

I was slightly worried that the neck wouldn't turn out to be great for me, but I'm having zero problems with it so far. In fact it's a bit too easy to play so I might have to go up in string gauge at some point ha.

Sounds excellent when it isn't plugged in, it had me playing it for half an hour before I bothered to get the amp out.

I'm stoked with how the two inside single coils in parallel sound. It definately has a bit of the strat quacky-ness, but slightly less cut I think, can't exactly pin-point how it differs from a strat sound but I don't think it's necessarily worse.

All the other positions are also sweet. Bridge pick up is pretty gnarly, definately gets all the grit I need. Not sure how much I'll use both humbuckers together much but it's still useful to have. Neck in parallel is like both single coils except with way less quack.

It's also making me appreciate my other gear more, never realised just how nice the MI audio blues pro is.

Overall I'm loving it so far, but still getting used to it. Thanks very much Adrian.
Awesome mate... your guitar looks primo :)
Love to have some soundclips of your pickup combos at some time!

Cabb
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Cabb »

Tsuken wrote:Not only did they not ask any questions about it at all, they directed us down to the far end, past the queues of people, and then straight out the door without x-raying our bags or anything. 8) Freakin' sweet.
WTF?

Ushered through customs with guitar and long hair?

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Cabb wrote:
Tsuken wrote:Not only did they not ask any questions about it at all, they directed us down to the far end, past the queues of people, and then straight out the door without x-raying our bags or anything. 8) Freakin' sweet.
WTF?

musta bin ma 'onest face

;)

Here be bloggins

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Cabb wrote:
WTF?

Wife and kids in tow no doubt ;)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

Tsuken wrote:
Cabb wrote:
WTF?

musta bin ma 'onest face

;)
Probably thought you were John Frusciante.. didn't want to hassle you.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

jeremyb wrote:
Cabb wrote:
WTF?

We probably looked a bit frazzled, but that didn't stop the woman on the xray last year going through every damn bag while the kids were going off :evil: The kids were actually better behaved this time - and clearly the customs folks were in a better mood. 8)

Here be bloggins

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Tsuken wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Cabb wrote: WTF?
We probably looked a bit frazzled, but that didn't stop the woman on the xray last year going through every damn bag while the kids were going off :evil: The kids were actually better behaved this time - and clearly the customs folks were in a better mood. 8)
Aussie customs let you through pretty quick when you smell of chunder too.

My eldest revealed her tummy bug on landing at Brisbane, all over me and the really, really (REALLY) understanding lady sitting next to us...cue LONG wait while the whole plane filed past, as we waited to clean up what we could, but quite breathtaking speed through customs afterward, great start to a holiday.
Tin arse!!

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Khann wrote:
Cabb wrote:
WTF?

Probably thought you were John Frusciante.. didn't want to hassle you.
"Hey, there's John Frusciante! Let him go straight through, there's no way he'll have any drugs on him..."