Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Show Us Your Guitar

Post by bobiron »

Slowy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:30 pm Matsuoka.jpeg

I've been playing mostly acoustic guitar lately but I'm afraid my Forum credibility has hit a new low. I'm really enjoying the sound of my very heavily played Matsuoka M50. The neck is a challenge; it's wide and the fretboard is flat which is demanding to say the least but the sound! From Canon in D by Pachebel to some swampy blues, it's big, clear and punchy and very satisfying.

I bang on a bit about my love of good guitars that have had a long, hard working life and this is another example. Can't recall seeing fretwear on a Nylon string before but what a dynamic voice it has.
If only the fretboard wasn't such a pig.....
Surprised you let that in the house mate……..seriously, looks like its had a life and i like that aspect of an instrument.
If it speaks to you then its right for you and yes your cred has probably been impacted lol.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Post by Slowy »

bobiron wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:34 pm

I've been playing mostly acoustic guitar lately but I'm afraid my Forum credibility has hit a new low. I'm really enjoying the sound of my very heavily played Matsuoka M50. The neck is a challenge; it's wide and the fretboard is flat which is demanding to say the least but the sound! From Canon in D by Pachebel to some swampy blues, it's big, clear and punchy and very satisfying.

I bang on a bit about my love of good guitars that have had a long, hard working life and this is another example. Can't recall seeing fretwear on a Nylon string before but what a dynamic voice it has.
Surprised you let that in the house mate……..seriously, looks like its had a life and i like that aspect of an instrument.
If it speaks to you then its right for you and yes your cred has probably been impacted lol.
Ross! How are you mate :D
It's perfect for me. As long as it's nearby, I'm not the shabbiest thing in the room.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by bobiron »

Slowy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:44 pm
bobiron wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:34 pm

Ross! How are you mate :D
It's perfect for me. As long as it's nearby, I'm not the shabbiest thing in the room.
Hey mate, yep all good, and hope you are ok too. That guitar looks fine to me, I do like the wear and tear that is evident and shabby chic is in vogue don’t you know.

Here is my current setup of equally shabby modified relics:
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Seasick Steve on the right and the left one looks like Dulcimer stringing?
I've got one of those LR Baggs acoustic thingies. Never used it. Should probably get you to teach me to drive it....
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

lukewillasick
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by lukewillasick »

Got this back from a mate that borrowed it way back in the first lockdown in 2020.
Has a rio grande p90 of some sort in it and it absolutely roars. Not sure why I waited so long to get it back.
Attachments
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 8204 times

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

lukewillasick wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:10 pm Got this back from a mate that borrowed it way back in the first lockdown in 2020.
Has a rio grande p90 of some sort in it and it absolutely roars. Not sure why I waited so long to get it back.
I see the baritone in the background - been lusting over your FS thread.

lukewillasick
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by lukewillasick »

IMOCD wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:20 pm
lukewillasick wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:10 pm Got this back from a mate that borrowed it way back in the first lockdown in 2020.
I see the baritone in the background - been lusting over your FS thread.
It’s just sold on trademe sorry. Can recommend them if you are after one though, sounded awesome, just totally wrong setup for the band I have just started jamming with.

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by bobiron »

Slowy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:02 pm Seasick Steve on the right and the left one looks like Dulcimer stringing?
I've got one of those LR Baggs acoustic thingies. Never used it. Should probably get you to teach me to drive it....
The one on the right is affectionately known as the beach guitar (tuned c-C-Gg-cc) and the one on the left is a Tres cubano conversion (tuned Ff-BbBb-Dd).
Yeah the Baggs needs some time spent with to understand it and hear the changes.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Artcore.jpg
Artcore.jpg (970.65 KiB) Viewed 7619 times
Talking guitars with a work colleague, she said she'd never played P90s so I gave her my Arps to try. A couple of days later, she handed me this. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm starting to worry about the Arps. She describes it as inspirational and shows no sign of returning it.

She also said her Takamine dreadnaught was cumbersome so I brought in the Lowden for her to try.
She immediately launched into a blistering rendition of Lyndsey Buckingham's 'Big Love'. It was amazing. I felt my heart rate go up and I'm sure I saw smoke coming off the strings! All this from a tiny, unassuming girl who really reminds me of Meg from Family Guy.

Anyway, this Artcore: Being a snob I have automatically dismissed them on shop walls but this one cost $895 new and it really is very good. It's lovely to play, rock solid and at the price I can't fault it. The mini humbuckers are fairly hot but volume keeps them under control if you want less dirt. If you need a well made, reliable, gigging ES125 at a no stress price, the only improvement IMHO would be P90s and I imagine Ibanez have that covered.

OK, there's no tumescence factor but I think this is a great working instrument; mightily impressed.

Now how do I convince a girl half my size and half my age to give my Arps back? :problem:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:15 pm
Now how do I convince a girl half my size and half my age to give my Arps back? :problem:
James Bond slap? Or be articulate.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

to be fair, my Arps has been one of the only guitars I've played since moving here. The loft is a bit narrow my end due to a huge workbench on one side, I tried playing the LP and I end up bashing headstock against beams.

Tele had a bit of a workout the other day but basses are a standing only proposition.

Really need to build that studio/soundproof room in the workshop, and make sure its warm enough in winter for me to want to spend time down there.

The budget has been approved by her majesty, its just me procrastinating.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:40 pm to be fair, my Arps has been one of the only guitars I've played since moving here. The loft is a bit narrow my end due to a huge workbench on one side, I tried playing the LP and I end up bashing headstock against beams.

Tele had a bit of a workout the other day but basses are a standing only proposition.

Really need to build that studio/soundproof room in the workshop, and make sure its warm enough in winter for me to want to spend time down there.

The budget has been approved by her majesty, its just me procrastinating.
Give Her Majesty a hug from me. :D

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Slowy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:15 pm Artcore.jpg
Talking guitars with a work colleague, she said she'd never played P90s so I gave her my Arps to try. A couple of days later, she handed me this. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm starting to worry about the Arps. She describes it as inspirational and shows no sign of returning it.

She also said her Takamine dreadnaught was cumbersome so I brought in the Lowden for her to try.
She immediately launched into a blistering rendition of Lyndsey Buckingham's 'Big Love'. It was amazing. I felt my heart rate go up and I'm sure I saw smoke coming off the strings! All this from a tiny, unassuming girl who really reminds me of Meg from Family Guy.

Anyway, this Artcore: Being a snob I have automatically dismissed them on shop walls but this one cost $895 new and it really is very good. It's lovely to play, rock solid and at the price I can't fault it. The mini humbuckers are fairly hot but volume keeps them under control if you want less dirt. If you need a well made, reliable, gigging ES125 at a no stress price, the only improvement IMHO would be P90s and I imagine Ibanez have that covered.

OK, there's no tumescence factor but I think this is a great working instrument; mightily impressed.

Kudos to her. Big Love is not an easy song to play. At least not at the warp speed that Lindsay Buckingham plays it.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 365 times

Post by MiniForklift »

I’m slowly falling for her
Attachments
IMG_3957.jpeg
IMG_3957.jpeg (3.21 MiB) Viewed 7384 times
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.