Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Thomas234
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

My Gear:)

Post by Thomas234 »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. Name's Thomas C. I Play an Ibanez S series :)

Here's my main guitar - Ibanez Series With H-H Setup

Upgrades were Di Marzio 500k pots (just replaced the standard 500k pots haha)
Di Marzio Evo II Pickups for the bridge
Di Marzio PAF Pro Pickups for the Neck

Now going through my other guitars,
Here's my Custom Painted Stratocaster by Ivan Roxas, A Great painter who custom painted my guitar for free :D It's very dirty atm because it hasn't been used for 5 years. :S But the gold parts are on its way! thanks to my uncle (makes guitars for a living)

My Yamaha RGX, I bought this one because it looked cool haha but I barely use it. It's a good guitar tho but not the best.

My Amp
Peavey Valveking 100 with Celestion Vintage 30 and Marshall Tubes, all installed by rock shop. not sure what tubes they replaced it with but it needed servicing so.. i think i twas el34for the ouput and jj ecc83 for the other tubes (soz i dont have a lot of knowledge of this haha)

I have A JCM900 head and cab but its broken :D My amp turns on but no sound coming out hence its going to the rockshop for repairs

Ibanez SolidState Tube Blaster (my crappy amp i bought when my jcm broke)

My Pedals ( building it! im new to this hopefully when i get the knowledge i'll be able to buy more pedals freely)
Vox Satchurator
Modded Bad Monkey
C5 changed to .1uf (apparantly according to the web it cuts some of the mids to make it more transparent)
C11 changed to 1uf "this increases the bass"

Standard Boss SD-1
Standard Boss DD-3

Vox Wah Handwired (will update it soon)

Custom Digital/loop delay & G7 - The loop only has 20s of recording and at maximum of 3200ms of delay :S

Marshall ED-1 Compressor & Cheap Equalizer that does the job
Image (just sold) haha

Also have the Marshall Jackhammer lying around somewhere

Will post more pictures of my custom chorus, tremolo, overdrive, vibe and fuzz and my bypass looper (its still being made..by me :D )I'll put up a thread as soon as it's finished but i doubt it now that uni is coming up and im just following the diagrams.

For Recording
Zoom G7 with 12ax7 Tubes

Oh yea.. One other thing.. I have no pedal board! lololol so every time I perform, I put them in their original boxes for transport. I'll be making my own pedal board as soon as the Uni Workshop opens.

Here's me with my S Series at ASB Showgrounds (me on the left) using the vox amp the sponsor provided for that day.. Have had quite a bit of gigs here and there by myself haha e.g. Dubai, Melbourne etc and a few gigs here in Auckland.

Anyway that's it for now I guess. I will update everyone as soon as I finish making my pedals! I'll proof read this post too. It's a bit rushed due to me having work soon :D :D

Thanks for Reading my thread:) If you have questions, please ask away.
also on the look of buying cheap pedals. If anyone wants to let go of their cheap and unused pedals, feel free to drop me a message with a price:D
Last edited by Thomas234 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The philosophy of "technically", is technically not a philosophy
because there are still many technicalities, although technically
speaking it can technically still be a philosophy, but it all
depends on how you can technically see technically, technically.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 647 times
Been liked: 815 times

Re: My Gear:)

Post by hamo »

Cool post man, welcome to the forum. 8-)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

Nice gear, and welcome.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Cool - Thomas, what band(s) do you play for?
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Welcome on board, loads of interesting gear there.

Plenty of folks here have experience building up (and down, and back up, and back down, and expanding, and ...) their pedal boards so I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful advice and plenty of images in the show me your pedalboard threads

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7928 times
Been liked: 4268 times

Post by jeremyb »

Nice dude, welcome aboard!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 261 times

My Gear:)

Post by Capt. Black »

Welcome in.
I'm interested to know what you're up to band-wise too.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 702 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Welcome to the forum, thanks for posting the info on your gear
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Thomas234
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Thomas234 »

sty wrote: Plenty of folks here have experience building up (and down, and back up, and back down, and expanding, and ...) their pedal boards so I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful advice and plenty of images in the show me your pedalboard threads
Yes! I have started looking at it! A lot of interesting stuff in there! Can't wait to see the rest! I love this forum! everyone is very welcoming!

Thomas234
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Thomas234 »

Just got back from work! now To answer the question "what I am up to band-wise". Its hard to explain my situation haha. ATM I am studying Architecture, so there's a cut down on gigs. Usually Once every 1-2 weeks depending on the location but it slowed down due to uni. the group I am with have music of their own. They compose, gig and even have sponsors of their own to and its been like this for the past 3 years. Safe to say, The band only comes together only for a Jam or for big performances like when the whole band gets asked to perform at this venue or one of the members were asked to perform, thats when we back them up or if It was me Peforming, they back me up.. It's starting to sound complicated so lets leave it at that.

Music wise, I have been trying to finish an album down at devonport with a bit of help from my mates which have been coming slowly but surely. Things usually come down to creativity..when things you compose sound cool but they kinda have been done before :lol: I play contemporary music! but because I love singing with my acoustic (i forgot to upload a photo:S its a white Fender Sonoran Electric Acoustic. Not the best sounding but definately very sexy.. It was like love at first sight), I spend one hour on it and the rest study my guitar idols! Joe Satriani, Tom Quayle, Steve Vai and Joe Bonamassa just to name..I also Got my first Satchurator signed by the G3 when they came to NZ! Hence another Satchurator. I figured its not usable. I also got my strat singed by Paul Gilbert in the back plate haha <3

My next gig, I think it might be an Opening Concert for a Beauty Pageant on the 23 of feb! but I haven't accepted yet, Final Decision will be after the meeting on the 2nd of feb haha. But if I do go through, I'll post it on the "gig thread" and keep everyone Updated:) Thats one hell of an essay. Im going to stop! I think I covered all the questions :D

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Thomas234 wrote:The band only comes together only for a Jam or for big performances like when the whole band gets asked to perform at this venue or one of the members were asked to perform, thats when we back them up or if It was me Peforming, they back me up.. It's starting to sound complicated so lets leave it at that...
LOL Yeah. :lol: :lol:

And welcome from me, too. :)
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Axel95
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Axel95 »

sweet gears bro :D
WTF IS THIS?

Thomas234
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Thomas234 »

My amp peavey is now at the AmpShop (ryan) getting fixed :( haha when it was diagnosed, there was a blown diode so ryan said he'll needs to to find out what the source of the problem is. Fingers crossed its nothing major! Just waiting for a text to see what the actual problem is and the quote :D both my jcm900 and my valveking isn't working lololol. Its convenient having the ampshop at symonds street! seems like they do everything in there (instrument wise) and they do explain everything properly. Thanks ryan!

http://ampshop.co.nz/

I feel like buying lotsa pedals from that shop too aye. haha its soo cool

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO My ampssss should be working in a weeks time!

First time I actually checked the tubes of the Peavey. The tubes aren't actually Marshall :( they just replaced it with standard Peavey tubes.. seems like the sound was only different due to the celestion vintage speakers haha :(

I hope it gets fixed sooner tho!

Anyway

Got 2 gigs coming up, beauty pageant opening night 23rd and a bigger one on the same day but in north shore (during the arvo)

Here's my current setup for tonight's sound check at Te Pai Henderson, I'll be using my newly built pedalboard for the first time. I've added the boss CH-1 to the board :) so happy, I've taken off the sd-1 and the marshall pedals but doesn't mean I won't be using them anymore. I've also taken the hadwired vox off the board and replaced it with my bro's vox haha too expensive to be using mine. having 2 non woring amps, I think i'll just ask the manager to provide me one. I'll just have to take my time tuning the amp again! soundcheck tonight is from 6-9 :D plenty of time!

I have another gig tomorrow afternoon too a bigger one before the opening peformance at te pai!
I want another pedalboard i'll have to build one from scratch before tomorrow arvo. satchurator setup doesnt do me. its only good for soloing! having single pedals are expensive just to achieve the right sound! unlike having multi effects.. I think I might have to get a Pedal train or see if my mate is selling one of his boards and modify it and rearrange the pedals since i got a few new pedals to try too (MXR);) having a home made pedal board is cool but something thas already made is even cooler! The amp they're providing me for the big gig is a blackstar amp i've never tried one but I heard the gain/overdive on the amp is really good. so might be time for the sd-1 to shine! and mix with the MXRs?

Been getting a lot of help from single coil lately!
Last edited by Thomas234 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 am, edited 10 times in total.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

heaps of space on there for a DD20 mate!

cwco
Stagg
Stagg

Post by cwco »

heaps of space on there for a DD20 mate!
+1